Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Oct 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Impossible to get Christmas presents...

So... every year there is always at least one thing on the kids Christmas list that I can never get!

Cue spending hours trawling the internet and shops trying to get that one illusive gift.

Years ago I remember trying to get in the night garden toys, then it was zhu zhu pets... and loads of other things I now can't remember as I've chosen to block the trauma out of my mind lol

So this year the first item on my illusive list is Ariana grande mac lipglass.

Please tell me it just isn't me?

What's on your illusive Christmas lists so far?
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Apparently Hatchimels are gonna be all the rage and like gold dust.

My youngest mentioned one briefly but the day of me spending £70+ on a fake pet is just never gonna happen. I'm not adverse to spending money on the kids but I like to think the toy justifies the cost and like Furbies I just can't see how this does!
ely3857 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
So... every year there is always at least one thing on the kids Christmas list that I can never get!

Cue spending hours trawling the internet and shops trying to get that one illusive gift.

Years ago I remember trying to get in the night garden toys, then it was zhu zhu pets... and loads of other things I now can't remember as I've chosen to block the trauma out of my mind lol

So this year the first item on my illusive list is Ariana grande mac lipglass.

Please tell me it just isn't me?

What's on your illusive Christmas lists so far?
The ariana grande Mac stuffs been sold out for a while... if it's not on the web it's unlikely to be anywhere.
Try googling for dupes

When I was younger it was the password journal things 😂
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
The ariana grande Mac stuffs been sold out for a while... if it's not on the web it's unlikely to be anywhere.
Try googling for dupes

When I was younger it was the password journal things 😂
Just my luck... since when did lipgloss sell out? Shows what I know ha ha...

Yes, I remember getting those journals for my girls...they were probably on the illusive list too ha ha
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

The worst one for me wasn't christmas but my daughter's birthday and it was the year of the 'frozen madness'. Literally the only things she wanted was the dolls and an Elsa dress but I was refusing to pay the ridiculous eBay prices! - I managed to get them by stalking the disney store's Facebook page as they were updating when new stock was going on sale and just got lucky that I was able to be at home at 8am the morning they were being re stocked for sale - oh and of course the year the wii was released but that was for DH managed that one by sitting for hrs on one of the live stock checker websites that all appeared! Then there was the search for the elusive Kaos trap that was required for the skylanders trap team game and the dark and light elemental expansion packs that opened up the extra levels (all a total rip off! ).

Nothing so far this yr that seems to be causing any problems but mine are at the stage of mainly asking for computer games (both boys) or clothes and make up (dd - though she hasn't got to the stage of specific brands/products yet) so its been pretty easy! Not that I'm complaining!

Good luck with the lipgloss! hope you manage to find it somewhere.
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Tracey Island was a nightmare to get and the Rosie doll but the worst was the wii, managed to get one ordered from woolworths and about a week before Xmas got the phone call to say it was there, went to collect it and they'd apparently sold it to someone else. They got me another one a couple of days later. Don't think there'll be any nightmare to get presents on their list this year (I hope).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

I wanted to get DH the new Nintendo console but preorder has been suspended hope I can get one in the stores!

DD has only asked for a Princess Elena (of Avalor) dress - really hope the Disney Store starts stocking Elena merchandise before Christmas!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

The have Elena dresses in Target, Walmart and on Amazon (who deliver to the UK)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
The have Elena dresses in Target, Walmart and on Amazon (who deliver to the UK)
£25 shipping on Target for a £16 dress, will wait a little longer before going down that route and hope the Disney Store bring it out but thank you

Edit to add - just looking on the Disney Store facebook page and a few have asked about Elena merchandise and Disney Store have said it will be available in the coming weeks. Hopefully it is before Christmas!

Edited at 06:08 PM.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
£25 shipping on Target for a £16 dress, will wait a little longer before going down that route and hope the Disney Store bring it out but thank you

Edit to add - just looking on the Disney Store facebook page and a few have asked about Elena merchandise and Disney Store have said it will be available in the coming weeks. Hopefully it is before Christmas!
They had lots of Elena merchandise in the Disney Store just outside Boston yesterday and so I'm sure it'll be in UK stores soon. We were admiring the dress - it is beautiful!

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread