Old 1 Apr 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Day 1

I had been woken at 2am with Edith, she was pretty upset so I gave her some milk, only for her to bring ti all back up a couple of minutes later. Nightmare. She had also developed a rash on her tummy. I gave her a bath & tried to wash her PJ’s, cot sheet & sleeping bag before putting her in fresh jammies and back to bed. She went off again and we didn’t have any more sick throughout the night.

I woke up at 7am, the plan was to make Extra Magic hours at 8.30am. I popped to Sarah’s room to give her the birthday card & pressie I had bought from home as it was her birthday today. James was down making a complaint about the lift situation yesterday. I mentioned that Edith and Aaron were still asleep and Sarah looked a bit shocked. It was fine though, Aaron get ready quickly and I can have Edith ready in 10 minutes. I head back to our room and woke Aaron, telling him it was 7.30am and we had to be out by 8am. I passed him his phone and he proceeded to tell me that it was actually 8.30am and my phone hadn’t changed time with the network! Oh no. No wonder Sarah thought it was strange that they were still sleeping, we should all be on our way to the parks now! I text her to say sorry and we got ready as quick as possible, taking about 15 minutes and finally heading to the park at 8.45am. We had the character breakfast booked at Plaza Gardens at 9.45am. We made it in time, stopping to take lots of photos of the girls as they were in matching Minnie Mouse dresses. They looked so cute.

We were soon seated for breakfast. The food was lovely, so much choice.

We weren’t sure how Edith would be with the characters this year, at 3 months and 6 months she had loved them but she hasn’t been too keen on Father Christmas in December so we I guess we would wait and see.

Well, she saw Tigger from across the room and fully freaked out, climbing in between me and Aaron and not letting go of us. That’s decided then, she wasn’t keen this time around. Maisie had photos with Tigger, Piglet, Scrooge & Mickey and we did manage one with Mickey in the end, trying to keep Edith as far away as possible while still being in the same photo.

We had a relaxing breakfast & then head into the park. We all went on Buzz and then bought Edith the Mickey bubble head from the shop there as she is obsessed with bubbles. She had great fun with it.

We walked over to Frontier Land next, it was very quiet at the Haunted Mansion & Big Thunder Mountain were both closed. Aaron, James and Maisie had a go on the Shootout game and then we carried on over to Indiana Jones. Sarah stayed with the girls while Aaron, James and I rode. Im not sure what makes it Indianan Jones but the ride was ok, quite painful at times and my head got slammed into the head restraints a few too many times for it to be really enjoyable.

Sarah & James were taking the mickey out of all the Instagram posers

The girls had both fallen asleep while we were riding so we took the opportunity to wonder out of the park and into the Village for some drinks. We chose Ludwig’s. Big beers were ordered, I had a Pina Colada and we also ordered some snacky foods. Chicken tenders, Pretzels and Frittes. It was all really good. Maisie woke up first, then Edith followed and it wasn’t long before she was sick again, all over her beautiful dress. I managed to change her and clean her up but was a bit worried now as she obviously had a bit of a bug. She seemed ok after and was quite content sitting at the table with Maisie while we ate. After a while, sarah & I took the girls outside for a run around. There is a little stage there that they loved so we popped them on there. Edith managed to get Maisie and 2 other girls with their bubble machines surrounding her while she danced in the middle, surrounded by more bubbles than she had ever seen! She was loving life.

We popped into a few shops and then head back into the park, finding our way to the start of the parade route picking up some sweets from the confectionery shop on the way. We sat for about 30 minutes before it started. The parade was brilliant. Edith was on Aarons shoulder and was fascinated and Maisie got a lot of character integration too. Tigger did come and try to high five Edith but she wasn’t having any of it.

After the parade we all made our way over to StarTours. Aaron and James rode while Sarah and I took the girls around to Small World for another ride. We timed it really well as we came out to see Aaron and James walking round to us. James had been the Rebel Spy so I was gutted I had missed that.

We start to think about where to have dinner and decide on Agrabar, we walk around to find it’s only open at lunch time. Bummer. We decide to carry on out into the Village and try Annette’s Diner. There just seems to be no sense of urgency with any of the staff at DLP. There were lots of tables free but we ended up waiting about 30 minutes to be seated even though there were only 3 other groups in front of us. Anyhow, once we were there all was good. The food & drink here were fab, right up my street. For starters we all had wings or quesadillas. Aaron hadn’t been too hungry having eaten a lot of the chicken at Ludwig’s so he had a burger with salad instead of fries, I had a huge double burger with bacon & cheese, James and Sarah also had burgers and Maisie had a hot dog. We all had thick shakes too instead of dessert but had them with our meal. It was all really lovely. Edith again only ate a fruit pouch and the refused point blank to open her mouth for anything else. I just made sure she was drinking enough to keep hydrated.

While we were eating there was a bit of drama in the restaurant. First, one of the waiters fell down the stairs with a huge tray of food. I think he really hurt himself as he didn’t get back up for ages. Then, at the table next to us, a guy was playing on his phone, it slipped out of his hand into a full glass of beer which then exploded and went everywhere! Drama!

Back this morning when James had complained about the lift situation, he had mentioned it was Sarah’s birthday and been offered a free birthday cake as compensation. He was happy with this and had handed the voucher into our server when we had entered the restaurant. After all our plates were carried away, our server came over and asked us if we wanted a chocolate cake or an ice cream cake! Erm, it was supposed to be a surprise! Not the end of the world as it had been a freebee and Sarah was glad of the warning but that would have been really naughty if James had paid the $35 for it and wanted it to be a surprise.

We picked the chocolate option and waited for it to come. We waited some more and then waited some more. The girls were getting more and more frustrated being in their seats at the table so in the end we decided to cut our losses and cancel the cake. We called the waiter over and he told us it was too late to cancel , it was on its way. We waited some more and after another 10 minutes or so it finally came. In fairness, the effort put in was fantastic. All the staff, including the chefs in the open kitchen were singing and clapping and the cake came with candles, whipped cream and mini smarties. A couple of the waiters were singing in a falsetto voice and really making us laugh. In the end we were glad we waited. The cake was yummy too, it was a moose cake with a tart orange gell running through it which made it not too rich. We all had as much as we could eat after our huge meals and then had the rest boxed up for Sarah to take back to the room.

We left the restaurant and all headed back to the hotel and to our rooms. It was about 10pm when we finally got Edith in her cot. Again, she was out like a light.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

The food at Annette’s looks lovely but that service...It’s going to drive me mad! The cake sounds yummy though!
The girls looked so cute in their matching dresses but poor Edith again being poorly - I don’t think Thomas has touched a fruit pouch since he was about 9mths old but what a good idea that you had some with you! X
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
The food at Annette’s looks lovely but that service...It’s going to drive me mad! The cake sounds yummy though!
The girls looked so cute in their matching dresses but poor Edith again being poorly - I don’t think Thomas has touched a fruit pouch since he was about 9mths old but what a good idea that you had some with you! X
Sometimes if she is feeling off, a pouch is just what she's after. Nothing too hard work to eat. They're nice an clean too for carrying around and giving to her (as long as she doesn't squirt it all over the place )

The service drove us mad. Im ok with a slowish, relaxing pace but being blatantly ignored is frustrating. Waiting in the lines to be seated was horrible when we had aching feet from being in the parks all day.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Loving this trip report. Poor Edith, I hope she was soon better. I can’t beleive that someone made a noise complaint against you for having a crying little one in a hotel room. What are some people like? I know this wasn’t at Disney, but you mentioned it earlier in the report.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh poor Edith being poorly, its horrible enough but even more so when away from home. She handled it like a little trooper though.

I am a little worried that Charlie will have the same reactions to characters when we are in WDW later this year as Edith... he loved them a 9 months but is so much more knowing now so fear he will be terrified!

Loved the girls dresses, so super cute! (Glad you got photos before Edith's got decorated!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List