Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
He is getting very fussy in his old age is Santa! In our house he only likes a glass of champagne and a Waitose Heston Mince Pie. Rudolph (aka my dogs) still enjoys a carrot it two though.😜
He/she is a very tired soul with all that travelling in one night, it's well deserved in my book!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We take our 2 nieces and 2 nephews to see Santa. I try and find one a bit different and make a day of it. There's 2 from my side and 2 from DH side and the kiddies are already talking about spending the day together when we go to see Santa. We haven't got children so spending the day with them when they're excited about Christmas is lovely.
I would love to take them all to Lapland but that's way over our budget!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Plumbles View Post
One tradition that we have now I have my own family is that after Christmas lunch it's '£1 presents'. We each go to the £ shop on the 23rd of Dec and buy each other THE worst/funniest/most useless present we find. Last year our children joined in as they finally 'got it' and the results were hilarious! We had random presents ranging from a 'Coronation Street 50th Anniversary CD' to a 'Smokers Gift pack (none of us smoke and I chose this for hubby as it had fluffy kittens on the tobacco tin..he hates cats &#128514 We spent ages taking it in turn to open our presents..it's brilliant fun and something we will always do even when the kids are grown up and have kids of their own!
We've always had a Christmas Tree present that we open after lunch. It started with my Dad who was goldsmith used to make us each something in silver to open, he's retired now, so it's just a present, but I love the idea of getting everyone to buy a terrible fun gift for another person, I'm going to steal your tradition, I hope you don't mind xxx
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Some lovely ideas ,this Christmas is going to be the first one were the children are older and our other daughter and her family are staying in Cyprus ,so no little children,no over crowded house just the four of us going to be different so looking for ways to make it magical for us as adults 😳

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
We've always had a Christmas Tree present that we open after lunch. It started with my Dad who was goldsmith used to make us each something in silver to open, he's retired now, so it's just a present, but I love the idea of getting everyone to buy a terrible fun gift for another person, I'm going to steal your tradition, I hope you don't mind xxx
Go for it, it's so much fun! 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

We always have a family games evening on Christmas Eve - board games, hot finger buffet (brought out while we are playing, consisting of pizza, garlic bread, samosas, bhajis , spring rolls etc). We always play our favourite games but try to get a new one too!

Edited at 08:51 AM.
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

These ideas are fab!
Love the Advert & £1 gift ideas!
Fab to read all the ways families are brought together at Christmas time
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We do a Xmas dinner secret Santa...but you can only spend £1 and try and get the most ridiculous thing you can for a quid in Poundland. There are 14 of us every year at my mums so we stuck to a quid as we all spend so much anyway. Its hilarious how imaginative people can be with just £1!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mum of two
Excited about Disney

mum of two's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just seen a friend post on FB that he has wrapped all his old Xmas movie dvd's so that there is no argument over which films they watch. I thought this was a great idea.
mum of two is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 16, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

These are all such sweet ideas.
So the first episode of I'm a celebrity get me out of here was on last night. The second set of adverts after it started, the 3rd advert in was Aldi..
It's the first time it's been a specific shop, I thought it'd make it easier but it definitely hasn't!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread