Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
The thread hat stu pulled earlier is back up? In dining etc etc forum

Disney332
You mean this one?:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1123082

That just has a link in the first post. And that link goes to an invalid thread because it's been removed (at least until tomorrow). So, as I said, the original thread announcing the offer details was posted a day early and was pulled this morning. It will be posted again tomorrow on the correct date.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Here is my take on this one...

Disney have set aside so many room types at each qualifying hotel for the ddp.

If travel agents reserve a room ahead of release then the ddp is not attached. If the TA wants to add it afterwards then they have to cancel the original booking with Disney and rebook.

If at that time there is no availability then its the Virgin fiasco of 2018 take two.

It could well be the case that in the example of standard rooms, not all the standard rooms have ddp attached.

I hope you get my drift.

A booking on or after the 25th with WDW would seem to me, to be the safe option.

Disney332
Agreed, I would wait to book. Anyway, garden view rooms aren't that much more expensive at Beach Club. Water view on the other hand...

Edited at 05:47 PM.
nolypops83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You mean this one?:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1123082

That just has a link in the first post. And that link goes to an invalid thread because it's been removed (at least until tomorrow). So, as I said, the original thread announcing the offer details was posted a day early and was pulled this morning. It will be posted again tomorrow on the correct date.
Yes that one

It was pulled by Stu about midday today, reappeared about 2.45pm and second time round received a number of additional posts.

Disney332
Old 10 Apr 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It states the following on Disney's UK website (and has done for a while now):

"Guests residing in the UK and Ireland checking in on or after 1st January 2020 will be charged for overnight resort parking.

Guests checking in late 2019 whose stay stretches into 2020 will not be charged as their arrival date is in 2019.

Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. DVC Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Disney Resort Hotel.

Overnight self-parking will be complimentary for Guests with disabilities."

See here:
disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/
Yes but was just wondering if they'd add free parking as an extra incentive but obviously not.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can’t believe parking is being charged for now! 🤨

That’s one of the things that really peeved me about staying in Universal hotels..
Oct 2012 - 1st time to Florida | June 2014 - NYC 3 days / Florida 13 days | Oct 2016 - POR 10 nights / Hard Rock 4 nights | Aug 2017- New York City | July 2018 Cruise | July 2019 DLP | Oct 2020 - Florida
877 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
Mattie at My Magic can do a whole package with 5 nights then source a villa. I used them last year for a flydrive and you can log on and pay in instalments. I’m going to give him a call for an idea. We wasn’t planning until 2021 but we see for next year. I fancy 5 nights onsite then a villa as kids would miss the pool in the mornings.
We already have a villa sorted and paid a deposit. Maya is going to get me a quote for the rest once ddp is official. The only sticking point is no v room with them. Handy when you have an asd child who can be a runner when feeling overwhelmed!
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Last year I managed to price all my hotel options on the Disney site then compared pricing when free dining came out . However I’m not getting a price for standard rooms at beach club which is annoying because we are thinking that’s top of our list to stay at ... anyone know when Disney might release all of their room catagories ?
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Does anyone know the answer to this, I can't find it anywhere? I have a booking for Sept this year, but I think we may look at changing to May next year (only paid a £100 deposit and no flights yet) - if I switch it to May after the dining has been released will I get the dining and gift card deal or will I need to loose my deposit and make a new booking?
Who have you booked with?

I made a new booking with ATD as we were unsure on which dates to go (so I had two bookings for different dates) and when I cancelled my original booking, they did tell me that they would have been able to move the dates for me, subject to availability.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Last year I managed to price all my hotel options on the Disney site then compared pricing when free dining came out . However I’m not getting a price for standard rooms at beach club which is annoying because we are thinking that’s top of our list to stay at ... anyone know when Disney might release all of their room catagories ?
If it’s anything like last year then availability will come and go, there’s no guessing when, you’ll just have to keep checking. Do they have garden view available? Pricing it up for my dates, it’s only £50 more than a standard view for 14 nites.
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elaine amj
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I took a look to get some idea of prices but it is too far out to see prices for OKW/SSR in July/Aug. Will those prices show up when booking is open? I know rooms there are not confiemed until 11 months out.
elaine amj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List