Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ams
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Proposal in DLP

I am taking my girlfriend to DLP on 23th and 24th Sept and i was planning on proposing there. She doesn’t like big scenes so want it to be quiet and romantic. Anyone suggest anywhere in the park or packages that i can buy to arrange something special?
ams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ams View Post
I am taking my girlfriend to DLP on 23th and 24th Sept and i was planning on proposing there. She doesn’t like big scenes so want it to be quiet and romantic. Anyone suggest anywhere in the park or packages that i can buy to arrange something special?
How lovely! I proposed to my wife back in July 2011! She's the same as your gf, hates big scenes, but knew DLP would be the perfect place to do it, what I did was we spent the day in the park, then took her to her favourite place for food on the evening, we then did a bit of shopping, I then suggested a nice walk around Disney Lake by Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, it was a lovely summers evening so was perfect, I timed it so we were half way around the lake when the fireworks were going off in the background, suggested we stood and watched and then got down on one knee and proposed.

There were only a few people walking around the lake at the time so it was nice and quiet and we had an amazing view of the fireworks in the background. I then arranged for a bottle of champaign to be sent to our room for when we got back to the hotel.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Ams! I proposed to my girlfriend at DLP but it was the opposite in that she loves a big scene

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=954378

Here's a bit I wrote up on our trip, I would suggest trying to watch some vlogs and it's always worth trying to contact the Disney Special Activities team to see if they have any advice or can help arrange something special and unique for you
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn’t propose at DLP but I got Mickey to give my wife a necklace for our Anniversary in meet Mickey. You could fix it for Mickey to give her the ring on your behalf. Just talk to the person organising the room just before you meet the mouse.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Upstairs in the castle during EMT when no-one else is around?

As for special things, how about a cocktail in the Fantasia Bar to celebrate?

Or if budget allows, the ‘Sparkling Experience’ in the Disneyland Hotel is superb. It includes cocktails in the bar, a four-course meal at California Grill with wines, and a balcony viewing of Illuminations in the Founders’ Bar with champagne and petits fours. It cost us about 200 Euros each but honestly worth it. You can book at the hotel.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ams

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
How lovely! I proposed to my wife back in July 2011! She's the same as your gf, hates big scenes, but knew DLP would be the perfect place to do it, what I did was we spent the day in the park, then took her to her favourite place for food on the evening, we then did a bit of shopping, I then suggested a nice walk around Disney Lake by Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, it was a lovely summers evening so was perfect, I timed it so we were half way around the lake when the fireworks were going off in the background, suggested we stood and watched and then got down on one knee and proposed.

There were only a few people walking around the lake at the time so it was nice and quiet and we had an amazing view of the fireworks in the background. I then arranged for a bottle of champaign to be sent to our room for when we got back to the hotel.

Where did you go for food if you don't mind me asking? Also when the park is closed can you still walk around by the Disney lake? (Sorry its my first time going) Also can anyone watch the fireworks in the park or do you have to be staying at the Disney hotels?
I like the idea of the fireworks in the background is that in front of the main building?
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ams

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
I didn’t propose at DLP but I got Mickey to give my wife a necklace for our Anniversary in meet Mickey. You could fix it for Mickey to give her the ring on your behalf. Just talk to the person organising the room just before you meet the mouse.
That sounds great, do you have to book to meet mickey? Where is he based?
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ams

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Upstairs in the castle during EMT when no-one else is around?

As for special things, how about a cocktail in the Fantasia Bar to celebrate?

Or if budget allows, the ‘Sparkling Experience’ in the Disneyland Hotel is superb. It includes cocktails in the bar, a four-course meal at California Grill with wines, and a balcony viewing of Illuminations in the Founders’ Bar with champagne and petits fours. It cost us about 200 Euros each but honestly worth it. You can book at the hotel.
Unfortunately I am not staying at a disney hotel so guess i cannot take advantage of the EMT hours.
I had a look at the sparking experience and it does look good but don't think it justifies the 200 euro pp. I am on a tight budget unfortunately
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Here's a couple of quiet spots near the castle

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ams View Post
Where did you go for food if you don't mind me asking? Also when the park is closed can you still walk around by the Disney lake? (Sorry its my first time going) Also can anyone watch the fireworks in the park or do you have to be staying at the Disney hotels?
I like the idea of the fireworks in the background is that in front of the main building?
We went for food at Rainforest Cafe beforehand in Disney Village, which is her favourite place to eat there, the big lake is situated at the back of Disney Village so it's always open, you have a great view of the fireworks in the back ground on the little bridge between Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge. The fireworks take place in front of the castle, but because the fireworks go so high you can see the sky lit up with them from the lake at Disney Village.

For us it was perfect as she got to be proposed to at Disney but it was nice and quiet without all the fuss of the parks being super busy.

We were staying offsite at the time, and I had arranged a bottle of champaigne and roses to be sent up to the room for when we got back.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List