Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 24 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
ams
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon
 
Join Date: Jun 19
Mobile Proposal in DLP

I am taking my girlfriend to DLP on 23th and 24th Sept and i was planning on proposing there. She doesnt like big scenes so want it to be quiet and romantic. Anyone suggest anywhere in the park or packages that i can buy to arrange something special?
ams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
MK_club1987
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by ams View Post
I am taking my girlfriend to DLP on 23th and 24th Sept and i was planning on proposing there. She doesnt like big scenes so want it to be quiet and romantic. Anyone suggest anywhere in the park or packages that i can buy to arrange something special?
How lovely! I proposed to my wife back in July 2011! She's the same as your gf, hates big scenes, but knew DLP would be the perfect place to do it, what I did was we spent the day in the park, then took her to her favourite place for food on the evening, we then did a bit of shopping, I then suggested a nice walk around Disney Lake by Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, it was a lovely summers evening so was perfect, I timed it so we were half way around the lake when the fireworks were going off in the background, suggested we stood and watched and then got down on one knee and proposed.

There were only a few people walking around the lake at the time so it was nice and quiet and we had an amazing view of the fireworks in the background. I then arranged for a bottle of champaign to be sent to our room for when we got back to the hotel.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
Tsoski
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Tsoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Hi Ams! I proposed to my girlfriend at DLP but it was the opposite in that she loves a big scene

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=954378

Here's a bit I wrote up on our trip, I would suggest trying to watch some vlogs and it's always worth trying to contact the Disney Special Activities team to see if they have any advice or can help arrange something special and unique for you
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd Anniversary Trip
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Peter H
VIP Dibber

 
Peter H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Mobile

I didnt propose at DLP but I got Mickey to give my wife a necklace for our Anniversary in meet Mickey. You could fix it for Mickey to give her the ring on your behalf. Just talk to the person organising the room just before you meet the mouse.
__________________
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. C.S.Lewis

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ye ha it DLP time
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Gill H
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Jan 08
Location: London

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Upstairs in the castle during EMT when no-one else is around?

As for special things, how about a cocktail in the Fantasia Bar to celebrate?

Or if budget allows, the Sparkling Experience in the Disneyland Hotel is superb. It includes cocktails in the bar, a four-course meal at California Grill with wines, and a balcony viewing of Illuminations in the Founders Bar with champagne and petits fours. It cost us about 200 Euros each but honestly worth it. You can book at the hotel.
__________________
Queen of Team Wimp
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
ams
Thread Starter
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon
 
Join Date: Jun 19
Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
How lovely! I proposed to my wife back in July 2011! She's the same as your gf, hates big scenes, but knew DLP would be the perfect place to do it, what I did was we spent the day in the park, then took her to her favourite place for food on the evening, we then did a bit of shopping, I then suggested a nice walk around Disney Lake by Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, it was a lovely summers evening so was perfect, I timed it so we were half way around the lake when the fireworks were going off in the background, suggested we stood and watched and then got down on one knee and proposed.

There were only a few people walking around the lake at the time so it was nice and quiet and we had an amazing view of the fireworks in the background. I then arranged for a bottle of champaign to be sent to our room for when we got back to the hotel.

Where did you go for food if you don't mind me asking? Also when the park is closed can you still walk around by the Disney lake? (Sorry its my first time going) Also can anyone watch the fireworks in the park or do you have to be staying at the Disney hotels?
I like the idea of the fireworks in the background is that in front of the main building?
ams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
ams
Thread Starter
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon
 
Join Date: Jun 19
Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
I didnt propose at DLP but I got Mickey to give my wife a necklace for our Anniversary in meet Mickey. You could fix it for Mickey to give her the ring on your behalf. Just talk to the person organising the room just before you meet the mouse.
That sounds great, do you have to book to meet mickey? Where is he based?
ams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
ams
Thread Starter
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon
 
Join Date: Jun 19
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Upstairs in the castle during EMT when no-one else is around?

As for special things, how about a cocktail in the Fantasia Bar to celebrate?

Or if budget allows, the Sparkling Experience in the Disneyland Hotel is superb. It includes cocktails in the bar, a four-course meal at California Grill with wines, and a balcony viewing of Illuminations in the Founders Bar with champagne and petits fours. It cost us about 200 Euros each but honestly worth it. You can book at the hotel.
Unfortunately I am not staying at a disney hotel so guess i cannot take advantage of the EMT hours.
I had a look at the sparking experience and it does look good but don't think it justifies the 200 euro pp. I am on a tight budget unfortunately
ams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Reply
Kissimmee Swamp Tours

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Tix

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

American Attractions

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1900
CaxtonFX  $1.1861
Covent Garden FX  $1.2020
FAIRFX  $1.1870
John Lewis  $1.1930
M&S  $1.1692
Post Office  $1.1869
Sainsburys  $1.1906
TESCO  $1.1929
Travelex  $1.1835
Updated: 10:30 21/08/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0721
CaxtonFX  €1.0688
Covent Garden FX  €1.0792
FAIRFX  €1.0700
John Lewis  €1.0777
M&S  €1.0560
Post Office  €1.0695
Sainsburys  €1.0736
TESCO  €1.0756
Travelex  €1.0666
Updated: 10:30 21/08/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Wed 21st Aug 5:36am
Now: 24C/75F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 4mph - ESE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1019mb
Humidity: 100%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 09:30 21/08/2019