Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jul 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dsc2 View Post
I saw somewhere that the ride isn't opening until midday, is this still the case? Is this likely to go on until August?

We are staying on-site, but I can't see EMH for IOA. Is there any early access?
EMH for Universal Studios and Volcano Bay only in August
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
EMH for Universal Studios and Volcano Bay only in August
Yes Gemma and I were having mild panic attacks when they removed IOA from Early Access without adding anything. Fortunately now it is USO. I somehow suspect the midday opening could be around for a while yet but they did seem to do better on July 4th. I suspect until they work out a fix and it is stable it will be late openings for a while.
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I saw somewhere that the ride isn't opening until midday, is this still the case? Is this likely to go on until August?

We are staying on-site, but I can't see EMH for IOA. Is there any early access?
It opened at 9am on the 4th, 5th and 6th July. Not sure about today but it seems to be opening earlier this week. I think it’s just depending at the moment.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dsc2
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

" so many people want the motorbike"

How does the queue work with regards to riding the bike and side car? Does the queue split? In which case how do you stay as a group? Otherwise who gets to sit where if you are sat with someone else?
Dsc2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

" so many people want the motorbike"

How does the queue work with regards to riding the bike and side car? Does the queue split? In which case how do you stay as a group? Otherwise who gets to sit where if you are sat with someone else?
When you get near the front of the queue they make sure you are standing in two’s and they tell the person who is riding the motorbike to stand on the right and the person riding the sidecar to stand to the left. When you board the ride the person on the motorbike has to get on first, going through the sidecar to get to the motorbike. Some people who specifically wanted the motorbike were split and paired with a single rider instead.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Wher in the park on 7th it hadn’t opened at 12:30 and was already at a 4hr wait once the rides had started, been a disaster for anyone wanting to ride this while here
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

My friend tried to get on it today... not a chance. It was closed.
She said it’s only accepting the special assistance fast passes and not the standard ones until December (I’m assuming she’s not been along to say anything on here yet)
Here’s hoping she gets on before coming home. Fingers crossed for her and her family.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dsc2
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We are due to visit mid-Aug so wondering if things have settled down on Hagrid's? At least as much as you can expect from a brand new ride.

According to the app, it looks like the ride is now opening in the mornings and having less down time.

Is anyone there at the moment, and noticed any difference?
Dsc2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Is this ride set up for Child Swap yet? If so how does it work please? Both my kids will be too young to ride and both me and OH really would like to. Shame it's not accepting Express Pass
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to visit mid-Aug so wondering if things have settled down on Hagrid's? At least as much as you can expect from a brand new ride.

According to the app, it looks like the ride is now opening in the mornings and having less down time.

Is anyone there at the moment, and noticed any difference?
Not there myself but keep on checking on it. It definitely looks to be a lot more stable. Someone posted that they got through in 30mins a few days ago when 120mins was posted and there was only one downtime when they were putting another car on the track.

They have changed the opening so it now opens with the park but will close early (especially taking into account the queue line) so riding it at night doesn't look possible at the moment.