Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Mobile Magic Band Payment

8 days ago I finally got to the payment page for the upgraded magic bands after months of trying. My Revolut card, which has been accepted for my resort reservation and ADR''s was not accepted as a payment method. Whilst inputting the Revolut information my phone alerted me that Hilton LBV was requesting $0 as if for a resort reservation. This happened 20 times and I froze the card and advised Revolut of the compromise.

Fast forward to last night - magic bands in the basket - new Revolut card - exactly the same thing happens again whilst I am on the phone to WDW advising them that my card is not being accepted!

Revolut have been brilliant - sent me 2 new cards at no cost - blocking any payment to Hilton. WDW? - didn't want to know - their advice - nothing to do with us - incredible! Really disappointed - 1 - that I have no chance of now getting upgraded magic bands, and 2 - their attitude and unwillingness to help.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 02:05 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think I would be worried about not getting a magic band , more relieved that I hadn't been robbed. But Disney should be looking into this
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I know what you mean. It's just been frustrating. I now do not want to put the new CC details on the WDW site when it arrives. I have no idea how that will affect my resort reservation and ADR''s though 😠

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing was flagged up for me before I went. My cc had expired. I just out the new one in just before I arrived in Florida. Seeing this those, I've just removed my linked cc with me not going to use mde for a while, just to be on the safe side. Have you changed your password to get in to mde? Would this help? I don't know which is why I'm asking.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Mobile

No I haven't changed it and the problem is only with the magic band link - everything was fine until I tried to order the new ones. I have emailed WDW so we'll see what they say 😠

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

That’s interesting.

Last night I finally got to the payment page, I swapped the card from my husband’s to mine and it also said the payment wasn’t accepted so I had to use his. I will make sure he keeps an eye on it.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
chloe87
Getting Excited

chloe87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It does worry me with Disney. I really think there is a problem with their card security.

Before we went last time I used by Credit Card over the phone to order a couple of Birthday cakes direct with Disney, the only time i used the card before we went. And it got hacked! Now i know using it over the phone is a bit more flakey than using direct on the Disney website but still. The only way to order the cake was by phone so had no choice. Just annoying and a shame really.
chloe87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It sounds like Disney are not being too helpful ...

As a thought - if this has happened twice to you - is this on the same device that you are using - you would be amazed how easily a virus can worm its way into your laptop/PC and cause mayhem...

I would recommend you check for any viruses on any devices you have as one incident like this is unlucky but twice would make me very suspicious that there may be a virus lurking somewhere...

Sorry if I sound a little over the top but I had a virus a few years back which led to someone trying to empty my bank account ... Nationwide blocked them thankfully...
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Hilton LBV is a genuine name for some card transactions at Disney.

For some reason the name of the transaction is detailed as Hilton, plus other business names too, more so the food carts in Epcot and mk.

I can show you some examples I have if you wish.

If payments for the name hilton are blocked you may have issues at wdw.

Edit.. I have just seen a genuine transaction for hilton, pressed it and its updated the merchant to wdw now.

I've also got genuine item purchases for another merchant names when purchased in wdw property like Trek Bikes, joff coffee, best Western, anahaim produce, Westward ho

Edited at 11:43 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Hilton LBV is a genuine name for some card transactions at Disney.

For some reason the name of the transaction is detailed as Hilton, plus other business names too, more so the food carts in Epcot and mk.

I can show you some examples I have if you wish.

If payments for the name hilton are blocked you may have issues at wdw.

Edit.. I have just seen a genuine transaction for hilton, pressed it and its updated the merchant to wdw now.

I've also got genuine item purchases for another merchant names when purchased in wdw property like Trek Bikes, joff coffee, best Western, anahaim produce, Westward ho
That's very interesting - it's just a pity that WDW couldn't tell me that at the time - they were so unhelpful. I very definitely will not be trying to order any magic bands - how strange though. That's now put a different perspective on it.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018