Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Do you like busy or quieter weekends?

I always like to have loads of things planned at weekends, days out, or just local trips out, I hate the idea of 2 whole days of nothing! My husband is the opposite and loves to sit on the sofa and watch tv all day, catching up with shows etc. His job is very physical so I guess that's why, whereas I am at a desk every day. Often I go out shopping with dd or take both dd and ds out and about. Obv if its a bigger day out we all go but just local trips to town and local retail park dh doesn't go, he doesn't like shopping!
I guess it isn't an issue if he wants to stay home as I can go out but sometimes I wish he would be keen to go for walks etc but that isn't his thing.
Planning a family day out this month and one December which we will all do but I cant bear empty weekends !
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Depends ... I'm shattered come Friday and would like a quiet weekend.
But ... on the rare occasions that happens, by Sunday afternoon I'm regretting it!

I've got teens and a job list for around the house, so they kind of take over, removing choice options!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

We are usually busy and have plans most weekends. When a weekend arrives with no plans i do nothing and enjoy it as it makes such a change.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sometimes we go out, sometimes we stay in. As it gets closer to Christmas probably have a few Sunday shopping days because thats when everyones at home. I hardly do roasts on a Sunday anymore because it seems to take up the whole day! In the summer Sunday is bbq day and we always go food shopping on a saturday.
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I work on Saturday 8-5 and DH leaves for work before 4.30 and gets home around 5pm so on Saturday evening we're too tired to do anything.

Sunday morning is usually taken up with housework and gardening then in the afternoon we see family which is usually everyone comes to our house or we go out, last Sunday we went to Flint castle to see dragons and listen to stories.

We then gave Monday and Tuesday off although we do have our grandson on Tuesday's so I suppose were pretty busy.

Dragons at Flint Castle
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I work 60 - 70 hour weeks usually so very happy to have sundays a little quieter, when the kids were little we always did something but now they are getting older and happy to do what they do its nice to have quieter sundays occasionally (maybe half our sundays are quiet unless your my wife who always seems to have stuff to do regardless of the day)
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I work 3 days (a physical job), college 3 days, volunteer at a farm for a day (very physical) and I have 2 kids so on my one day off on a Saturday I'm too tired to do anything really.

When I have a week off though I love to have my days filled with days out and have one lazier day.

My dh is the same though and wouldn't leave the house, but he does join me in things if I go out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bit of both but seems most of our weekends until Christmas are booked up already
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love to eat out on a Friday, saturday is busy with football matches, then a nice dinner in front of tv, sundays is family day a big roast dinner and about 12 of us each week, love it.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

DH and I work 6 days a week and have Saturdays off. I do like doing things but mainly we enjoy being able to slob around!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List