Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

UKCPS LTD parking charge

Hi help needed please.

I parked in a local carpark but didn't go into the shop. Was going to go in after I had gone to the shop down the road but had a phone call to pick up sick child from school so abandoned my shopping.

Received a letter today from UKCPS Ltd with a charge for £100 or £60 is I pay straight away.

Are these real? I am a regular shopper in both shops at this car park with receipts to prove it, just didn't go in that day as my plans changed.
It is in my husband's name as was in his car so he is a bit peed off with me but says ignore it or scan receipts and lodge an appeal.

What do I do Dibbers?

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Same happened to us, parked up was going to pay and get a ticket but before we had even left the car , my 3 yr was in need of the loo, 3 month old baby screaming and I thought, that’s it back home! One of those days! We then got a ticket as we had been parked for 5mims but hadn’t left the car ! We argued it and said we hadn’t left the car etc and and the ticket was cancelled! But same sort of thing happened to a friend of mine and she had to pay?! I would say there was an emergency etc . Good luck 😉
Sofiamouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Its is a Private company, so personally I wouldn't pay them. I have had a few of this type over the years and refused to pay.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think if they have written to you at home they can take you to court with it, but if it was a sticker on the screen they can't trace you.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Having said that we got one once from the local cinema, we took it in and they got it reversed.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
Its is a Private company, so personally I wouldn't pay them. I have had a few of this type over the years and refused to pay.
The law changed recently and it's not so easy to ignore. That did used to be the case but I think they have actually started taking people to court!
OP I would write to them and explain the situation.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I wouldn't suggest ignoring it as there has been a case where the parking company has taken the owner to court and won the case. (This applies to England and Wales, I don't think it applies to Scotland)

There is plenty of information on MSE about how to appeal PCN's -
moneysavingexpert/re...rking-tickets/

The land owner has passed the management of the car park to a private firm and their job is to make as much money as possible by enforcing their rules. I've had dealings with a parking company about what I thought was an unfair PCN and they just didn't care about the reason, they were just interested in how I was going to pay.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Hi help needed please.

I parked in a local carpark but didn't go into the shop. Was going to go in after I had gone to the shop down the road but had a phone call to pick up sick child from school so abandoned my shopping.

Received a letter today from UKCPS Ltd with a charge for £100 or £60 is I pay straight away.

Are these real? I am a regular shopper in both shops at this car park with receipts to prove it, just didn't go in that day as my plans changed.
It is in my husband's name as was in his car so he is a bit peed off with me but says ignore it or scan receipts and lodge an appeal.

What do I do Dibbers?
I am curious as to know how they know you did not go to the shop?

We have a similar car park with a few shops and a time limit of two hours but we do not have to do anything to prove you have been in a shop. Surely as long as you were in the time frame you would be OK?
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I think you have 3 options -

1. Speak to the shop owner (not the parking company) and ask if they will cancel the PCN on your behalf. This could work if you are a regular customer and the staff know you well.
2. Appeal to the parking company with evidence that it was an unfair PCN but I don't think previous receipts would be strong enough evidence, sorry.
3. Pay the PCN now, at the reduced rate. If you appeal and lose you will be required to pay the increased amount.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I am curious as to know how they know you did not go to the shop?

We have a similar car park with a few shops and a time limit of two hours but we do not have to do anything to prove you have been in a shop. Surely as long as you were in the time frame you would be OK?
My BIL got a PCN when he dropped my SIL off on a car park outside a shop and waited in the car for her. He was watching for a parking warden! Some car parks have cameras on the entrance and exit and these can be linked to the pay machine or number plate registration device. I've noticed a few pubs and hotels with these now.

I guess some car parks have a grace period i.e. 5 or 10 minutes for dropping off or picking up.