Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 8 May 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile Beaches & Cream

My boys have decided they want to tackle a kitchen sink during our trip in October but all the ADRs have gone! Wondering if it's worth going to queue for a table... does anyone know when might be the quietest time of day to try? Thank you
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 16, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisDubs
Gone all Goofy

Hi there,

The last time we were in Epcot, we decided to take a chance and wander up to Beaches & Cream, without an ADR to try the Kitchen Sink.. We'd never been before and thought it was just an ice cream parlour / soda shop and the Disney website said reservations weren't necessary. We were met by the rudest cast member ever. The place was empty but she absolutely wouldn't give us a table without a reservation..! That was April 2014, mid week, at about 3.00pm. We actually complained to Guest Services and they were very helpful and arranged a reservation for the following day for us. I don't think I'd take a chance without a reservation to be honest, but you never know what will become available between now and October.. Hope this helps..!

PS We nailed the Kitchen Sink..!
DisDubs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisDubs View Post
Hi there,

The last time we were in Epcot, we decided to take a chance and wander up to Beaches & Cream, without an ADR to try the Kitchen Sink.. We'd never been before and thought it was just an ice cream parlour / soda shop and the Disney website said reservations weren't necessary. We were met by the rudest cast member ever. The place was empty but she absolutely wouldn't give us a table without a reservation..! That was April 2014, mid week, at about 3.00pm. We actually complained to Guest Services and they were very helpful and arranged a reservation for the following day for us. I don't think I'd take a chance without a reservation to be honest, but you never know what will become available between now and October.. Hope this helps..!

PS We nailed the Kitchen Sink..!

Thank you for the info... will keep trying for an ADR! Glad to hear you nailed it...I have no doubt that the boys will with ease!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Its always really busy there and a very small restaurant however I think if you were prepared to wait maybe 1/2 an hour you would get in, maybe morning? People tend not to go for ice -cream so much in the mornings. It's nice to sit just outside and watch the people in Stormalong bay, very relaxing, a chance to chill a bit in a busy day. If you can't get in you can at least have one of their Ice Cream Cookies which are yummy
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 16, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We had an awesome visit last year. We had reasonable light dinner and then went for a kitchen sink. After a single serving each the rest of the family gave up and I had to do the manly thing and work my way through the rest of it. Got down to the point of having ice cream soup left and the waitress offered straws to finish it off but couldn't do any more. Dragged myself past cape mays fish restaurant and the smell of the fish nearly finished me off with extreme difficulty of keeping the kitchen sink down. Nice to do as a one off but couldn't face ice cream for months afterwards.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 07:02 PM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilsa
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

We missed our reservation mid week in August. They fit us in within 20-30 mins (4 of us).

First family Florida holiday August 2014
Disneyland Paris 2015
Florida 2017
Ilsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cliver18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
We had an awesome visit last year. We had reasonable light dinner and then went for a kitchen sink. After a single serving each the rest of the family gave up and I had to do the manly thing and work my way through the rest of it. Got down to the point of having ice cream soup left and the waitress offered straws to finish it off but couldn't do any more. Dragged myself past cape mays fish restaurant and the smell of the fish nearly finished me off with extreme difficulty of keeping the kitchen sink down. Nice to do as a one off but couldn't face ice cream for months afterwards.
Same happened to us, I had warned my wife not to expect me to help too much but when it came to it my wife and daughter had the malt shakes whikst waiting for the kitchen sink doh! So whilst they were struggling I was slowly working my way through it until there was only the 'soup' left at the bottom. A very slow walk back after gave me a chance to work it off (well most of it) before reaching Epcot!
Old 13 May 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread