Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 10, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - the Wedding Ceremony

Day 8 - part 7

When it came to saying our vows, Carl tripped over his first couple of words but was then confident and clear. Everyone really liked the vows we chose, and we think they were completely apt too.

Before we knew it, Teresa was asking for the rings. Robin told Joshua to pass the ring pillow but he went all shy! We loved that mum had bought the Mickey and Minnie ring pillow that we had seen at the UK Disney store.

After we exchanhed rings, and mum had done her reading for us, we were pronounced as husband and wife. Although we had talked about our kiss, it didn't quite go to plan - we were so relieved that we were a bit more full on than we planned, lol

We walked back down the aisle to You'll Be in My Heart, and we were laughing all the way. It's funny to watch the DVD as everybody comes back down the aisle and you can see Amelia in the background, still chasing the petals!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - post-wedding ceremony

Day 8 - part 8

And a few more photos from after the ceremony:

Old 19 Feb 10, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scots minnie View Post
really looking forward to the next part,this will be great for anyone arranging a disney wedding!
Than you! Hopefully it will help people to see what Sea Breeze Point looks like too - I found it really difficult to find good pictures when we were choosing locations!
Old 19 Feb 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 8 - Wedding Day Post Ceremony

Day 8 - part 9

After we had all walked back outside we chatted for a bit before being taken back into the gazebo for our toast and to look at the cake. We had exchanged the Fairytale Cuvee for the cider, and I'm really glad we did as it was so refreshing! It had been hours since I'd had any liquid, although I didn't notice until I finally drank something. Our cake was beautiful - the pictures in the planning pack really didn't do it justice.

My mum made the toast, and got a little teary again, which was very sweet, and she welcomed Carl into the family as "Number 3" (my brothers are numbers 1 and 2!).

After the toast we were posing for photos and thought we would soon be cutting the cake. Randy kept getting us to kiss so we weren't really aware of anything going on around us. Eventually we realised mum was trying to get our attention, and looked up. I did a double take as...

...we realised Mickey and Minnie were coming towards us, hand in hand with Amelia and preceded by a very excited Joshua! My mum had booked them as a surprise - it's no wonder she had such a good relationship with Tanis and Rosie!

Old 19 Feb 10, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
what a lovely surprise for you,you nearly got me with a tear in my eye!
Old 19 Feb 10, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

what a great report. You looked beautiful, and everyone else looked amazing. Photos are fabulous. The one where your dh looks slightly tearful is lovely! The day looked like it was amazing, as did the rest of it.
Old 19 Feb 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you!

It sounds corny, but it was as perfect as the pictures make it look. And, trust me, we are not the perfect family, lol!
Old 19 Feb 10, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Thank you!

It sounds corny, but it was as perfect as the pictures make it look. And, trust me, we are not the perfect family, lol!
Well you looked it in the photos! Thanks for posting - really enjoyed reading it and you looked lovely.

Wendy
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 10, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow you look beautiful! What a lovely wedding! Congratulations!
Old 20 Feb 10, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I know I have said this before but I love your photos! I am so glad we booked Randy!