Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 10, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hi Kel
I go to that Tesco every week and do forget how lucky I am TBH, it's fab! I will definitely look at getting some weights. I haven't done the DVD since as have been walking and had a mucho busy weekend. But I am doing it tomorrow. TBH I hurt so much last time I think the beans will be ok for the next week or 2 but then I shall definitely upgrade!
As soon as I don't hurt from level 1 any more I will definitely move up and then when I can do all 3 individually, I will do them altogether. I did really enjoy it though!
I use the iwatch app for Weight Watchers which is awesome, it's a constant reminder of how many points I have left for the day so I like to see a low total of points used so far so I know I have plenty more to eat! I am on 14 points (out of 22 so far) so far but will be having some kind of tasty snack in a minute, maybe take it up to 18 points then save 4 (maximum unused points recommended by WW)
I will deffo take a look at that app... hmm
Just ordered Brits Guide too...all this wedding/Florida planning and expense!
But it's so much fun!

Kel, if you ever need me to pick you up some stuff from Tesco, let me know and I can post it over to you!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 10, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Well done everyone on the weigh losses.

It was my first weigh in at SW tonight and I lost 6 pounds so very please.

I have bought 3 dresses for the wedding, two of them are the same but in 2 sizes, one fits lovely now and the other is a size smaller. I have 28 days to take one back and I am hoping its the larger size.
Old 2 Jun 10, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mhara
Proud to wear my Ears

It all went wrong...

I've been MIA for a coupla weeks. A weekend away and a few nights out sent me off the rails. Natsynoo, please can you amend my total loss to 19lbs

But, am back and raring to go. I've decided to try Slimfast and so far it's been okay (since Monday). The South Beach was working, but I found that a bit restrictive as I'm veggie, not as bad as low-carb but still difficult to work with the rest of the familiy's meals.

Has anyone else used Slimfast? Any tips, issues, good experiences?

On the plus side, I'm still off the cigarettes & I did start my Tae-bo DVD's again. OMG, I'm so unfit. I've done them twice this week and I'm aching everywhere.

Hope everyone else is doing better (than me I mean!), hopefully I'll get time this evening to read through all the posts I've missed.

Buena Vista Palace - 2005
OKW - 2012
OKW - 2018

Edited at 01:51 PM.
mhara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 10, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Hi Kel
I go to that Tesco every week and do forget how lucky I am TBH, it's fab! I will definitely look at getting some weights. I haven't done the DVD since as have been walking and had a mucho busy weekend. But I am doing it tomorrow. TBH I hurt so much last time I think the beans will be ok for the next week or 2 but then I shall definitely upgrade!
As soon as I don't hurt from level 1 any more I will definitely move up and then when I can do all 3 individually, I will do them altogether. I did really enjoy it though!
I use the iwatch app for Weight Watchers which is awesome, it's a constant reminder of how many points I have left for the day so I like to see a low total of points used so far so I know I have plenty more to eat! I am on 14 points (out of 22 so far) so far but will be having some kind of tasty snack in a minute, maybe take it up to 18 points then save 4 (maximum unused points recommended by WW)
I will deffo take a look at that app... hmm
Just ordered Brits Guide too...all this wedding/Florida planning and expense!
But it's so much fun!

Kel, if you ever need me to pick you up some stuff from Tesco, let me know and I can post it over to you!

Awww thank you for the offer to pick stuff up for me hun, I might need it after the wedding when we aren't going down so much. It is a lovely store and I miss it! Sad I know.. was like seeing an old friend last week!
That app foryour WW sounds very handy. Good luck with the Jillian workouts, they do get much easier after a bit. X
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 10, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

WOW Cinnabon - 6lb is brilliant! Well done you, I have no doubt that bigger dress will need refunding!

Mhara - tsk tsk, how bad have you been? ! See what happens when you disappear from the forum for a bit with no one to nag at you?! Maybe we should start rounding you up when you go away for a bit?!

Still is a pretty good loss though to date nontheless so its not the end of the world and now you can start again fresh.

I've done slimfast a few times but not for a few years and it was ok. I always like diets where I know what I can have and what I can't and the choice is clear otherwise I get muddled and confused and I believe Slimfast is pretty great in that respect. Biggest tip I can give you is stick to it and it will work as its quite low cal overall so you should be fine. Its great that you are exercising too so you've covered all bases.

Its funny you should say about low carbs and south beach being restrictive to veggies, I was thinking that the other day looking at my plate that if I was veggie I would not be able to do this diet.

Well done on giving up the cigs too, just think how brilliant you'll feel when you are well into the slimfast plan, you are fitter through exercise and your healthier not smoking, that should be all the motivation you need, so keep up the good work!We know you can do it!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 10, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
blade
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi everyone. Sorry haven't posted I ve been in Newquay all week. Next week weigh in I'm not looking forward too! Although my legs are like concrete from walking up sand dunes!

However at the start of the week I'd lost two pounds so that's a total of 5lb lost for me.
hope I can keep up the momentum and things get better. I will look good for Florida next year!
blade is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 10, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Morning all

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days but I have been feeling terrible. AF came back with a vengence and on Tuesday I even went home from work as I could barely walk, suffice to say I have not done any exercise over the last few days. Today however I am feeling much brighter and no longer look grey apparently I have also started Clomid (day 2 so far) and am feeling fine, no major side effects or anything.

I am also proud to say that I have not strayed from my Jenny Craig diet, despite desperately wanting chocolate these past few days. I admit I have been hungry on this diet but I am eating little and often so I know the next meal isn't that far around the corner. For example yesterday my diet was this...

Breakfast - Muesli with raisins and hazlenuts
Snack - small Banana
Lunch - Morrocan Cous Cous
Snack - Apple
Dinner - Tomato and Vegetable Pasta with side salad
Snack - Thai Chilli potato snacks and a small fat free yoghurt

Today my diet is this

Breakfast - Chocolate coated wheat flakes
Snack - small Banana
Lunch - Pea and Ham soup
Snack - Pear
Dinner - Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice and side salad
Snack - Paprika potato snacks

I am enjoying the food although there are some things I haven't liked. On Tuesday I had Mixed Bean and Chorizo soup and I HATE all beans, I forced myself to eat it as I know it is good for you. Unfortunately I have three more packets to eat this month The portions are small and I am always hungry after I eat but it is bearable and the majority of food is pretty tasty. The potato snacks are gorgeous as was the Cous Cous! I have already learned a lot and I think eating 6 small meals per day is really helping my metabolism, I will definitely continue this when I am back to trying this myself.

I am hoping to get back into the exercise over the next couple of days but am not going to push myself. Still looking forward to the weigh in on Monday though. This might not be my best week as I haven't exercised, but I have stuck to the diet. I just hope I lose something!

Cinnabon - 6lbs is fantastic, is that Slimming World? There are so many different diets going on. I am sure you will need to refund the larger dress. Are you doing plenty of exercise too?

blade - Well done on your 2 pound loss and all that walking up sand dunes must have helped, that is really good exercise. You will look smokin' for Florida!

mhara - Yup, Kel is right you need to check in so we can get on at you more Let the guilt set in and get motivated! As for Slim Fast, I have never done it buty know of plenty of girls that have. I have heard though that it is great for a quick fix, but is difficult to go back to eating normally as you move from having a shake to actually eating again and the body can take time to adjust. I have also heard you can be pretty hungry while doing it. Although you get soups and bars and all that too. However I think most things are worth trying at least once. Good on you though for staying of the cigarettes, that is great willpower, I am very proud of you!

NatsyNoo - You sound like you are enjoying the WW way of eating and it certainly sounds easier to plan. You are so luck to have a Tesco so close to you. We have several around the area, but not so close I could go every day. I tend to do my online shop from Tesco or Sainsburys. Glad to hear you are still enjoying Jillian and managing pretty well. I am confident you should start seeing that scale move in the right direction now!

Kel - How is it going? Well done on your weight loss this week too, even after your badness! 8 weeks to go huh? You could still lose a fair amount in that time. I have just over 3 months to go and I am worried that I won't get down much more. I am hoping this diet will kick start my weight loss again. I don't know if I will lose during the TOM, does everyone else? You are doing so well on the exercise though, I wish I could be as motivated as you on that. I actually wish I had more equipment, but I should get out and do some running or something. You still enjoying low carbing? Just before the wedding are you going to wean yourself back on to good carbs?
That's fantastic that you are a size 12, I haven't been that in such a long time. I am a size 14 just now, although am wearing size 16 trousers that fall every time I walk I refuse to buy another pair until I lose more weight! It is motivating though and reminds me how much weight I have lost so far.
As for the weights I am using 1.5kg ones at the moment and I find them okay, I struggle towards the end but it's managable.

Well everyone, keep up the good work, let's all get a good weight losses this week.

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 10, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hi Summer, good to hear from you
It's pants being hungry, I have been a bit going from SW to WW, the portion sizes are waaaaay smaller
My friend said though, if you're hungry, that's kind of good, as your body will start eating off its fat stores therefore you'll lose weight! I'm confident you'll see some good results on Monday too!
I did Jillian last night, found it pretty hard on my calves again, in fact, my calves constantly hurt atm...did 80-90 mins walking today plus went for a walk at lunch time so no Jillian today, no Jillian tomorrow either as doing the cleaning after work, but will try squeeze her in on Saturday after I get in from overtime at work
Had a really nice stirfry last night, chicken, noodles and tonnes of veg to pad it out, really really enjoyed it!
Joined something online too. It's called graze.co.uk (or com, can't remember). Basically, it's a box small enough to go through the letterbox filled with healthy snacks. You choose try, like, love or bin online to all the foods and it sends you different mixtures all the time! You can have Grazefruit (1 large and 2 small punnets of fresh fruit) or Grazenibble (4 small punnets of crackers, dried fruit, nuts etc). I had Grazenibble today and in it I had chilli crackers, pistachios, dried cranberries and raisins and 3 very mini flapjacks. I ate it all but the cranberries and raisins as I gave that punnet to a friend. Don't know what it's like points wise but it's got to be better than chocolate. It comes with nutritional values so will work it out later but thought I'd share with you all! Full price it's £2.99 and really good value IMO. Please give it a try if you want something different! I'm definitely having some more!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 09:10 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 10, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
Morning all

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days but I have been feeling terrible. AF came back with a vengence and on Tuesday I even went home from work as I could barely walk, suffice to say I have not done any exercise over the last few days. Today however I am feeling much brighter and no longer look grey apparently I have also started Clomid (day 2 so far) and am feeling fine, no major side effects or anything.

I am also proud to say that I have not strayed from my Jenny Craig diet, despite desperately wanting chocolate these past few days. I admit I have been hungry on this diet but I am eating little and often so I know the next meal isn't that far around the corner. For example yesterday my diet was this...

Breakfast - Muesli with raisins and hazlenuts
Snack - small Banana
Lunch - Morrocan Cous Cous
Snack - Apple
Dinner - Tomato and Vegetable Pasta with side salad
Snack - Thai Chilli potato snacks and a small fat free yoghurt

Today my diet is this

Breakfast - Chocolate coated wheat flakes
Snack - small Banana
Lunch - Pea and Ham soup
Snack - Pear
Dinner - Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice and side salad
Snack - Paprika potato snacks

I am enjoying the food although there are some things I haven't liked. On Tuesday I had Mixed Bean and Chorizo soup and I HATE all beans, I forced myself to eat it as I know it is good for you. Unfortunately I have three more packets to eat this month The portions are small and I am always hungry after I eat but it is bearable and the majority of food is pretty tasty. The potato snacks are gorgeous as was the Cous Cous! I have already learned a lot and I think eating 6 small meals per day is really helping my metabolism, I will definitely continue this when I am back to trying this myself.

I am hoping to get back into the exercise over the next couple of days but am not going to push myself. Still looking forward to the weigh in on Monday though. This might not be my best week as I haven't exercised, but I have stuck to the diet. I just hope I lose something!

Cinnabon - 6lbs is fantastic, is that Slimming World? There are so many different diets going on. I am sure you will need to refund the larger dress. Are you doing plenty of exercise too?

blade - Well done on your 2 pound loss and all that walking up sand dunes must have helped, that is really good exercise. You will look smokin' for Florida!

mhara - Yup, Kel is right you need to check in so we can get on at you more Let the guilt set in and get motivated! As for Slim Fast, I have never done it buty know of plenty of girls that have. I have heard though that it is great for a quick fix, but is difficult to go back to eating normally as you move from having a shake to actually eating again and the body can take time to adjust. I have also heard you can be pretty hungry while doing it. Although you get soups and bars and all that too. However I think most things are worth trying at least once. Good on you though for staying of the cigarettes, that is great willpower, I am very proud of you!

NatsyNoo - You sound like you are enjoying the WW way of eating and it certainly sounds easier to plan. You are so luck to have a Tesco so close to you. We have several around the area, but not so close I could go every day. I tend to do my online shop from Tesco or Sainsburys. Glad to hear you are still enjoying Jillian and managing pretty well. I am confident you should start seeing that scale move in the right direction now!

Kel - How is it going? Well done on your weight loss this week too, even after your badness! 8 weeks to go huh? You could still lose a fair amount in that time. I have just over 3 months to go and I am worried that I won't get down much more. I am hoping this diet will kick start my weight loss again. I don't know if I will lose during the TOM, does everyone else? You are doing so well on the exercise though, I wish I could be as motivated as you on that. I actually wish I had more equipment, but I should get out and do some running or something. You still enjoying low carbing? Just before the wedding are you going to wean yourself back on to good carbs?
That's fantastic that you are a size 12, I haven't been that in such a long time. I am a size 14 just now, although am wearing size 16 trousers that fall every time I walk I refuse to buy another pair until I lose more weight! It is motivating though and reminds me how much weight I have lost so far.
As for the weights I am using 1.5kg ones at the moment and I find them okay, I struggle towards the end but it's managable.

Well everyone, keep up the good work, let's all get a good weight losses this week.

Hello you,
I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone - was considering sending out a search party! I had visions of you sat there at home, surrounded by macdonalds wrappers, chinese take away boxes and pizza hut leftovers, looking guilty and so therefore not daring to come near the computer! But am relieved to hear that you are alive and well, albeit feeling rough! Sounds horrid those cramps - can you do anything for them? Is this a symptom of your condition? What does AF stand for - sorry probably being really blonde here!
I'm glad to hear you are feeling brighter though and a bit more yourself sounds like you've been through the mill and I don't blame you for not exercising!
The new diet sounds like its going well and theres loads of variety. I hate feeling hungry on diets, its half the battle isn't it? Hopefully that will get under control now. It seems the diet may be a little and often type plan, you know I was saying before about I'm not a fan of little and often diets because its all too easy to eat often and often and over eat? I think now you may be seeing what I mean as you are on a controlled portion diet, little and often is much less than I think most people if doing the portions themselves would eat, if you know what I mean. In that respect the diet you are doing is very helpful and I'm sure the hunger will go in no time. Its probably done you the world of good to go on to a new plan and hopefully come Monday it will have had an effect.
Its going fine for me so far, no breaks this week and I even cut out most of the cheese as I think I was eating a bit much! I've started having a lot more hot meals this week, meat and veg or hot meats on a bed of salad and its been very nice. I've avoided the cereal and I've exercised every day so I'm hoping I made up for last week. Yeah scarily its 8 weeks to the wedding O.M.G. realistically I don't know how much more I can lose and I have a feeling my weight loss is really really slowing down, I know 2lb is a loss but it is a small loss considering how much I exercise and how little calories I eat and lets face it if I drank a load of water I could put that 2lb back on in about an hour! I'm just thinking any more loss is good but I have to be honest with myself in how much I can lose. I'm trying to avoid any social events until the wedding but have at least 3 meals and a couple of nights out plus a wedding breakfast tasting session that I know of planned before hand so I really don't know how much more I can do. Yes I can just about lose during TOM but not always as you do weigh more during this time, depends when the weigh in falls if its day 1 or 2 probably not but if its day 3 or 4 then probably so. With the exercise I just say to myself that it has to be part of the day and I'm in such a routine now that I just can fit it in but its bloomin hard work sometimes, this week I've done some everyday but in all honesty my heart hasn't always been in it.
Yes, I still like low carbing as I just don't get hungry or bloated and I don't mind the lack of variety as I just think its a short amount of time and I love meat so its ok. I haven't decided yet about weaning myself back on the carbs, I probably will have to otherwise I'll feel ill on the wedding day which wouldn't be fun!

Right I better go still have to squeeze some execise in. Alex has agreed to do Jillian tonight with me! I asked him to do it with me this morning and he eventually agreed by saying ''oh okay then it will be a doddle for me though I'll breeze through it not like you light weight'' Ha! we will see, am hoping he is exhausted afterwards! That'll teach him cheeky so and so!

Edited at 08:21 PM.
Old 3 Jun 10, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Hey girls

Well I worked late tonight so don't get home until 6.45pm so always eat quite a bit later on Thursday. I had my Jenny Craig meal and filled myself up with water.

Kel - HA, love the image of me surrounded with McDonald wrappers especially, that would be dirty little secret if I allowed myself a treat. If that had been the case, you are right I would have went AWOL and hung my head in shame when I resurfaced. Nope, I definitely want to see a weight loss this week, no more STS or 1 pound crap, come on, I want all the planets and stars to align for Monday morning, YOU HEAR ME?
AF (Aunt Flow) TOM in other words. I am so used to be on other forums that discuss it a lot that I tend to talk in abbreviations. As for the pain, it isn't part of PCOS, I have always been bothered by very painful TOM, however as it has been 19 months since my last proper cycle, the doc said it would probably be very painful (she wasn't joking) Today was much better however and most of the pain has gone, I am definitely going to get some exercise in at the weekend but might take it a bit easier.
I agree with the little and often rule and if I had tried this on my own I would have ate a lot more, so I am glad that I now know how to make this work when I go back to eating my own foods. I am still missing bread but not as much as I am having carbs. I love having different foods for my lunch as on the low carb diet I was sticking to tuna salad every day, which definitely gets boring, I think even my body was bored! I am already trying to devise a plan for what I can eat for my meals when I am off the plan as I would like to continue this style of eating and copy the portion sizes. I mean today I had a portion of grapes (last minute change) for my afternoon snack, a portion is about 14 grapes. I LOVE grapes and I could happily eat a box of them which is approx 60 grapes, but a portion is just that FOURTEEN! It is taking a while to get used to making my portion sizes so small but I do know that in a couple of hours (3 hours max) I will be eating again and I think my stomach knows that too.
You sound like you are doing very well on the exercise and diet front this week, I am sure we will be seeing more than a 2 pound loss on Monday. I think a lot of low carbers tend to eat more cheese than they realise, glad to hear you are cutting back on it.
I hope Alex is crushed after the workout, that will show him. I hope you are making him go through the WHOLE THING btw.

NatsyNoo - Are you buying a lot of WW own brand stuff or are you making most things from scratch? I do quite like WW as a diet and I personally think it's better than SW and more varied. I am anxious to hear what the scales say for you on Monday, hoping they show a good loss as it sounds as if you have upped your game this week. I love stir frys and they are so good for you. You can also add almost anything to them, what do you use for flavouring, do you use a sauce?
As for Graze, I used to do it, at one point I was getting two a week, but I thought it was quite expensive for what you got. I did love it though but found I binned more than I loved. I don't like quite a lot of fruits and only really loved the nuts and crackers. If it was a bit cheaper I would probably do it again, but as I go home for lunch I save quite a bit just cooking from home. I loved the pistachios, chilli nuts and japanese rice crackers, YUM!

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread