Notices

Old 12 Aug 22, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another vote for The Chihuly Glass Garden. Absolutely phenomenal exhibition. A real must do.
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Another vote for The Chihuly Glass Garden. Absolutely phenomenal exhibition. A real must do.
I saw that the other day but wasn’t sure if we’d like it. I’ll have another look
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I saw that the other day but wasn’t sure if we’d like it. I’ll have another look
We got there soon after opening at 9am and that was the best time because you could see everything without waiting and dodging people. It’s totally incredible.
Old 24 Aug 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
I have just been to Seattle at the end of July beginning of Aug - happy to answer any questions.

I'm a huge fan of Dale Chihuly (once did day trip from Newcastle to Kew Gardens to see the event there) so thoroughly enjoyed the Seattle exhibition.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I have just been to Seattle at the end of July beginning of Aug - happy to answer any questions.

I'm a huge fan of Dale Chihuly (once did day trip from Newcastle to Kew Gardens to see the event there) so thoroughly enjoyed the Seattle exhibition.
Anything you would recommend? We are definitely doing the Space Needle, maybe the glass attraction and probably the aviation place but we have 5 days total so have more time….although we need to fit in some shopping
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 22, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Just to update - we made it on the ship!

Full trip report coming in a few days
Old 1 Oct 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We are looking at staying at the home wood suites so your feedback will be interesting.
Have a fabulous holiday.

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
We are looking at staying at the home wood suites so your feedback will be interesting.
Have a fabulous holiday.
We got home yesterday

The Homewood Suites (assuming you are talking about the one on Pike Street - as there is another we saw) was fine. The room we had was spacious (but we did book a 1 bedroom) and clean but could do with a bit of a refurb.

Our first room (we stayed before and after our cruise) overlooked I5 which was quite noisy so I would recommend requesting a room on the other side of the building.

The included breakfast was reasonable, typically 3 hot foods provided (egg, bacon and cinnamon sticks were the main ones we saw) plus toast, fruit, cereal, yoghurts, maybe oatmeal. Plus coffee, tea and juice and water all available from 7 - 10 each day.

Location wise it was a reasonably easy walk to the Waterfront and probably 25/30 mins to Seattle Center and the Space Needle.

We did encounter a lot of homeless people particularly around 2nd/3rd Ave and Pike Street and there was a lot of security in stores around that area.

That said, we saw them in many other areas of the city too, but I think they must to some extent congregate in the general area for some reason. We weren’t troubled by any of them but they were often shouting (mainly at no one in particular but occasionally directed at passers by).
Old 2 Oct 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We got home yesterday

The Homewood Suites (assuming you are talking about the one on Pike Street - as there is another we saw) was fine. The room we had was spacious (but we did book a 1 bedroom) and clean but could do with a bit of a refurb.

Our first room (we stayed before and after our cruise) overlooked I5 which was quite noisy so I would recommend requesting a room on the other side of the building.

The included breakfast was reasonable, typically 3 hot foods provided (egg, bacon and cinnamon sticks were the main ones we saw) plus toast, fruit, cereal, yoghurts, maybe oatmeal. Plus coffee, tea and juice and water all available from 7 - 10 each day.

Location wise it was a reasonably easy walk to the Waterfront and probably 25/30 mins to Seattle Center and the Space Needle.

We did encounter a lot of homeless people particularly around 2nd/3rd Ave and Pike Street and there was a lot of security in stores around that area.

That said, we saw them in many other areas of the city too, but I think they must to some extent congregate in the general area for some reason. We weren’t troubled by any of them but they were often shouting (mainly at no one in particular but occasionally directed at passers by).
Thank you for taking the time to reply l shall do a little more research.

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
Thank you for taking the time to reply l shall do a little more research.
I found lots of homeless people in groups around Pioneer Place in July.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List