Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think with M&S that there 20% off school uniform has just ended. It started on 5th July for about 2/3 weeks. I brought what I needed on the 5th the day it started as I have been caught out on other years.
I also generally buy school uniform before the school holidays so I have enough money for the holidays.
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I bought my DGD in line at TU with 20% off, very pleased with the quality too

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
Believe me, I'm not fussed on new for September but they'd outgrown it all or the shirts were grim.

I'm not proud and I've clothed them with hand-me-downs, second hand uniform shop, and lost property in the past.

But it just so happens I need it now and I can't get it.
I didnt mean it to sound like I thought that about you, sorry if it came across that way!
What I meant was I know loads of people like to start the new term with everything new, but I'm not like that so just get it as and when needed.

Hope you manage to track something down soon, I'm sure the shops will all restock!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Have you tried Matalan? It looks like they have teen sizes in and are only £18.50 for a pack of 5, much cheaper than Next.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Apologies if this has been said, but M&S always do 20% off uniform in July, so I always buy that stuff in July and shoes etc later in the holidays. It might be sparse now post discount but sure it’ll be replenished in August if you wait a bit.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I don't usually buy all new for Sept, I just buy through the year and then keep it for when it's needed. I did notice the first year I got dds secondary uniform how empty places were for it all, but I couldn't have got it before then because we didn't know where she was going!
I dont mind them not having new for Sept, it means I can get it easily and they're not bothered either!
My poor boys are the ones beasting out their school trousers grazing their ankles in July because I refuse to buy new in the summer term 😂
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

It seems to sell out earlier and earlier every year!

I had to get all new for DD as she starts High school this year, I have managed to split it between Asda for skirts / tights / socks and Next for ONE pair of trousers for now (will get more later) and every time I have gone in to an asda in the last few weeks and managed to find boys white short sleeve shirts in DSs age (no slim fit ones in sight anywhere which he usually has!) and DDs short sleeve shirts - He needs trousers (have to get the slim waist ones from next) but they are out of stock so he will have to wait, he can wear his current ones for first few weeks of term then hopefully stock will be back in!

I would buy earlier but they grow so much I try and leave it as late as possible
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We bought our granddaughters primary school uniform 2 weeks ago

I happened to look online and saw M&S had very little in her size , so I thought we best crack on .

Went to our local M&S that afternoon and picked up the last 3 pinafore dresses and pack of polo shorts in age 3-4 .

Said they would be getting more stock but couldn’t say when .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes I am in exactly same position,DD 11 starts high school in Sept. I have had absolute nightmare trying to get ANY uniform that fits her. I ordered a lot from M&S with 20% off. Nothing fits, she's not overweight but everything too tight across bust and waist. I've tried online and in store for Next, m&s, Matalan,Asda,Tesco, Sainsbury's,Very absolutely no where has bigger sizes in stock. I have 1 pack of white shirt from Next that cost me £30 age 16 and 1 skirt from M&S that fits in waist but too long (so is being taken up by dressmaker) I tried to order more, totally out of stock on line and in 9 stores I checked.
I have no idea what we are going to do, sizes are ridiculous and no stock anywhere 🤬
Old 29 Jul 22, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Omg you are all freaking me out, I haven’t even thought about it. I dont think I will until mid aug. Yikes. I feel a bit panicky now!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List