Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Help with hotels West Hollywood

Planning a trip for my partner birthday.

It will be a couple of weeks in November.

So far:

Flights to LAX booked - tick
First few nights at Shutters on the beach - Ocean view suite booked
Will do Disney one day from there - easy to sort
Long weekend in West Hollywood - struggling
Will visit Universal from there - easy to sort
Week in Palm Springs = booked

West Hollywood/Sunset area is where I want to be. Usually stay at either Chateau Marmont (since 1968) but not releasing rooms in Nov (I guess renovating) and fall back was always the original Standard Hotel (lost its lease during covid) So looking for ideas
Must Haves: West Hollywood area , rooftop pool or one with a view , have a strong Hollywood vibe, large rooms/suite/bungalow as we enjoy space, hip onsite bar for evening cocktails; not family friendly (ie couples); smart , trendy (for partner) and a but of a location . Not stated at Beverly Hills hotel - anyone been there ? Would it suit ? Or similar

Grateful for any and all ideas - thank you

Edited at 10:26 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

The BHH (spring for a bungalow with a patio if you can) is incredible. Their sister hotel the Bel Air is breathtaking but of course very secluded so location is probably not ideal for this trip. My preference would be the BHH then the London West Hollywood. The BHH do give a guaranteed upgrade on booking if you book with a Dorchester Diamond Club agent. Also reciprocal charging with the Bel Air and a car service over there which is a nice way to experience both while staying in the BHH.

The London has great suites on the top floors with views from the Hollywood hills to downtown/the ocean depending on which side of the building you are in. Rooftop pool is very hip but not such a “scene” that you can’t relax as a guest. Great breakfast and fantastic location in WeHo.

The BHH has the more Hollywood vibe. We saw Celia Imrie, Jason Statham, Sharon Stone, the lady who created Friends and the mayor of LA. Fran Sinatras daughter was eating pancakes in the cafe beside us etc

The hotel has raised rates in the past 12 months making it a little too rich for our blood but we had a 2020 booking via our agent which we’ve converted into 2 nights in the BHH and 2 in the BA next month. Unless they bring rates back to 2019 levels we’ll be priced out going forward and back to London.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
The BHH (spring for a bungalow with a patio if you can) is incredible. Their sister hotel the Bel Air is breathtaking but of course very secluded so location is probably not ideal for this trip. My preference would be the BHH then the London West Hollywood. The BHH do give a guaranteed upgrade on booking if you book with a Dorchester Diamond Club agent. Also reciprocal charging with the Bel Air and a car service over there which is a nice way to experience both while staying in the BHH.

The London has great suites on the top floors with views from the Hollywood hills to downtown/the ocean depending on which side of the building you are in. Rooftop pool is very hip but not such a “scene” that you can’t relax as a guest. Great breakfast and fantastic location in WeHo.

The BHH has the more Hollywood vibe. We saw Celia Imrie, Jason Statham, Sharon Stone, the lady who created Friends and the mayor of LA. Fran Sinatras daughter was eating pancakes in the cafe beside us etc

The hotel has raised rates in the past 12 months making it a little too rich for our blood but we had a 2020 booking via our agent which we’ve converted into 2 nights in the BHH and 2 in the BA next month. Unless they bring rates back to 2019 levels we’ll be priced out going forward and back to London.

Thank you soo much. I will check out BHH. Been looking at London and not sure (need more research as rooms looked a little small ) -also need to see if Soho house has accommodation (just thought of that)

Great ideas - thanks you

Keep them coming …….
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
also need to see if Soho house has accommodation (just thought of that)
They didn't (c.2018) My last boss was a member. They did have a partner hotel though and they were supposed to be building/buying accommodation nearby so perhaps by now that is an option if covid didn't delay the plans.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

They didn't (c.2018) My last boss was a member. They did have a partner hotel though and they were supposed to be building/buying accommodation nearby so perhaps by now that is an option if covid didn't delay the plans.
Thank you - Partner a member not me but it would be a thought (covid has dinted the market you and I enjoy in LA for sure)
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I haven’t stayed at the BHH , But a very good friend of mine stops there when she’s in LA on business..

She’s extremely fussy so it must be good if she keeps going back :-)
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Lowes Hollywood. It was the best adventure of our lives. The NAACP Awards where on - loads of people stayed in the hotel, we met some wonderful people including John Legend. The bar scene at night was brilliant!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
We stayed at Lowes Hollywood. It was the best adventure of our lives. The NAACP Awards where on - loads of people stayed in the hotel, we met some wonderful people including John Legend. The bar scene at night was brilliant!
Thank you 🙏
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I haven’t stayed at the BHH , But a very good friend of mine stops there when she’s in LA on business..

She’s extremely fussy so it must be good if she keeps going back :-)
Thank you 🙏
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

We have found some amazing suites at The London which , I think , will suit is (30 odd year difference between us- I like chill he likes vibe but we both like over 21 only rule ! )