Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jul 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mine are 20 & 24 and we paid for them both to come with us in May , also paid for our granddaughter.

If they want to come then we don’t mind paying .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DS is 21 next month and we paid to take him to Toronto last October as he hadn’t been away during covid being CEV. He also came to florida at Xmas and paid £500 contribution towards it and his own spends (we paid for all of his food) which we felt was fair as he works full time and lives at home. He was doing the same for our May trip
But in the end he was unwell so we gave him his £500 back and he loved staying at home by himself for almost 3 weeks so much he decided not to come to california with us next year. He is wanting to use his leave to do stuff with his friends and using 2-3 weeks each year to come with us was just too much. If we go back to florida in a few years time (we have some other holidays planned first) we will offer and would love to take his partner too once he settles down, I love to share our love of florida with others.
Meanwhile we are happy to enjoy holidays by ourselves.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Same here. The way I look at it is I’m spending their inheritance anyway. 😂
Or reducing inheritance tax. Or the amount we will get clobbered for home fees.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

My parents paid for mine and mums trips when I was 20 and 21, and then after that I paid my own way once I was earning properly.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We don’t go on holiday regularly with our adult children although we have all gone to Florida which we paid for. We have also taken them to New York.

What we do now is take the grandchildren on holiday every year (at least once) instead and we have great fun. We are not long back from a Northumberland break and are taking them to Centre Parcs in September.

Way I see it is if you can afford it why not? It is better to enjoy trips with your family now than leaving them money when you are dead or all the money goes in care home fees.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Or reducing inheritance tax. Or the amount we will get clobbered for home fees.
I just read your post after I posted. We are thinking the same way!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

When our daughter had finished her education and was earning her own money. Having said that if she wanted to come and didnt have the money we would gladly pay.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

My mum never took me on holiday because she couldn’t afford it.

I started holidaying at 19 with my now fiancé and I’ve always just paid for myself.

It’s a personal choice I guess 🤷. My fiancés’ parents could afford to pay for us to go on holiday with them, but we wouldn’t want to. We enjoy holidays just us two.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Good timing as I was searching old threads on this subject this week as I’m currently starting to look at a trip for us including dds bf and ds s gf and wondering what is reasonable to expect them to pay for
Currently thinking we ll sort accommodation and most food and ask them to pay for tickets and possibly flights
Old 30 Jul 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

We are looking to go next year, have said we'd pay accommodation for our two 20 year olds who are both working full time although not on big wages. Would like to pay towards their flights too if we can afford to as really want them to come and it's a big holiday for them to afford alone
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List