Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell12
Excited about Disney

BA change to Tampa requirements (verifly) as of 28/07/22

Hi All

I did have a look to see if anyone else had started a thread on this, but couldn't find one (apologies if I'm duplicating)...

For those who are flying to Tampa (Mick will tell me the others which were still using Verifly I'm sure)...

Please see statement from our pre-flight email from BA stating that we're to use ManageMyBooking and seemingly NO mention of Verifly...

Be good to know if everyone else has interpreted this the same way?

Thanks

2023 TENNESSEE, NORTH & SOUTH CAROLINA & GEORGIA, 2022 DisneyWorld (Windsor Hills), 2018 COLORADO, 2017 DisneyWorld, 2016 DisneyWorld (Formosa Gardens), 2015 DisneyWorld & Universal, 2003 Universal & MIAMI, 2000 CALIFORNIA, 1998 CALIFORNIA, UTAH & NEVADA
Tinkerbell12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I spent a very frustrating couple of hours a week or so ago trying to search through the BA site for, what you'd assume, to be a simple question.

About a month ago you could use VeriFly into the whole of the USA except about five airports which included Orlando. Then in the aforesaid frustration period the list had grown to 13 airports which included Orlando and Miami.

So it wouldn't surprise me if all USA was now excluded. But I hope you won't mind if I pass on checking the web site again.

Mick
Old 4 Aug 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell12
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I spent a very frustrating couple of hours a week or so ago trying to search through the BA site for, what you'd assume, to be a simple question. But I hope you won't mind if I pass on checking the web site again.

Mick
Not at all Mick... its a weird one. We've already downloaded the Verifly app and were ready to go... its not very clear. Nothing at all in the email to suggest there is any use of verifly.

We're still a few days out, so I don't know if there's going to be yet another email which might then mention it? It might interesting to see if those a few weeks ahead of us who received the "How to Prepare for your Trip" email had any mention of verifly at that stage. We don't fly until the 10th, so maybe its a bit early?

Clear as mud

2023 TENNESSEE, NORTH & SOUTH CAROLINA & GEORGIA, 2022 DisneyWorld (Windsor Hills), 2018 COLORADO, 2017 DisneyWorld, 2016 DisneyWorld (Formosa Gardens), 2015 DisneyWorld & Universal, 2003 Universal & MIAMI, 2000 CALIFORNIA, 1998 CALIFORNIA, UTAH & NEVADA
Tinkerbell12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure I read somewhere earlier today that all US travel will now be via manage my booking.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Yes a few of us have done it. Mentioned on the arrival time to Gatwick thread somewhere below.

We go on Sunday. Went on to manage my booking today and as soon as you do a new message appears about adding covid certificates. It was easy to upload but annoying as I had to log out and then in to do the other members of my party.

Edited at 06:07 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh no! I have the annoying maiden name passport/ covid pass in married name scenario and we'd got it all sorted on our 2 previous trips using verifly.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Verifly Is dying a very quick death it appears.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

I did VeriFLY for my flight yesterday. BA never got round to accepting my documents or telling me they’d been verified. I managed to check in online with no issues 🤷🏻
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
It's a pity as I'm on record on here way back in Nov 2021 and April 2022 saying how easy it was in setting up the app, uploading the vax passports and tests and all of 10 seconds at check-in showing them two green ticks. This was with BA

Looks like BA have gone out of their way to make it difficult.

I wonder how AL and AA travellers find it?

Mick
Old 4 Aug 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Within 2 hours of completing my verifly this AM I saw the post from scoopsahoy. Now completed manage my booking. BA are an absolute shambles at the moment. Management have lost the plot it would seem.

I’m still waiting for my new submissions to be verified (although verifly is all green). What’s the chance they don’t get around to verifying and I won’t be able to do online check in and do twilight luggage drop?

We’ll see. 🤞

Edited at 08:05 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List