Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Aug 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dp08
New Poster (3)

Staying without main guest - Disney+ offer

I'm not sure if anyone with have had any experience of something like this, or know for sure, but hopefully someone can help!

Back in April my girlfriend and I booked a Disney World hotel, for next month, using the US Disney+ X% off offer. It was booked on her account, as she has a Disney+ subscription. The terms state that the person that made the booking/has the Disney+ subscription, has to be present and staying.

Unfortunately our relationship ended a few weeks ago. I still wanted to go together as friends at least, but she doesn't want to anymore. I've been weighing up cancelling or going alone, and have decided to go by myself (which I'm still not 100% sure of but that's another matter!) as we've had to cancel the past 2 years and don't want to do that again.

So the question is, if I use the online check-in on the Disney app do you think I'd be fine to stay even though the account holder is not there? I'm also on the booking, and can check in myself on my account. Surely if I used online check-in then there's no way for anyone to know that she's no there?

I'm thinking it'll be fine, but I'm also a little scared if they find out somehow and stop me from staying, then what do I do!?

The terms state that the subscriber has to be present, so if I ask Disney themselves that's the answer I'll get.
I tried using the online chat to get the reservation changed to my name but apparently it can only be done via phone, and I can't really hassle her to call and sort it for me.

We only paid a deposit, the rest will be taken on the day of check in. The booking was made using our joint account, and I can still use that to pay for the rest so that's fine.
I've checked the prices of rebooking myself but it's almost £1000 more now, so I obviously can't afford that.

Does anyone know for sure either way if I'll be fine with the booking or not? Thank you
dp08 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you check in online you can go straight to your room so no, I can’t see how they would know if she was there or not. Theoretically she could be there but you always use your card or band to enter the room, pay for things etc. She would therefore be “invisible” to Disney.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

If you check in online, I can’t see how they would know she isn’t there? Unless there’s some clause that states she has to provide proof of subscription on check in?

I never looked into that offer too much so I’ve no idea what the terms were.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dp08
New Poster (3)

I've just reread the terms and all it says is:

"This offer is only available to Disney+ subscribers. Proof of Disney+ subscription required. Must be 18+ to subscribe to Disney+.
The Disney+ subscriber must stay in the room."

It doesn't say specifically say when the proof of subscription is required. Whether that was just upon booking, or at the hotel. But yeah, if I use online check-in I should be fine, right..!? 🤞
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can’t you just subscribe for the month of your trip? It would cost a few pounds but give peace of mind.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Assuming it’s linked to MDE, check in online, use phone to open door. No one will ever know who is there and whether you are a Disney+ subscriber.
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dp08
New Poster (3)

Thanks everyone for the reassurance, will leave things as they are and hopefully it'll be fine 🤞

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Can’t you just subscribe for the month of your trip? It would cost a few pounds but give peace of mind.
Yes I will do that! At least then if there was some kind of check they couldn't say that I wasn't a subscriber!