Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Aug 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrimouse
Excited about Disney

Question Columbus Vacation Villas - Help Please

I have booked a aoa in Westridge via Thomas Cook, flights with Tui.

I know I will not get my villa address until I collect keys .

The documents from Thomas Cook show the company as HotelBeds and the contact email as columbus vacations. I have emailed them to provide all the details they required for guests/dates etc. and paid for the property protection.

Have sent two emails to the columbus email asking where I go to collect the key and get villa address. Have not received a reply to either.

So I did live chat with Thomas Cook, they said go to the address on the voucher.

The problem is this address is only open until 4.30pm, so will be closed by the time we get there after our flight.

When checking on google, yesterday (has been deleted now) someone had made a "suggest an edit" that this place is no longer there.

Said this to Thomas Cook and all they would say is that is the address, and this is the number call them.

Has anyone recently been with either Thomas Cook or another supplier to this company and how did you collect your keys please.

I am stressing out a little at the moment as I really don't want to arrive and not have anywhere to stay for the night.
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Nearly all villas now have a electronic door lock or a lock box with the villa key in it
You will most Likely get an email with the address and door or lock box key
30 days out they Probably haven’t got the actual villa address released from the third party they are sourcing the villa from this honestly is not uncommon so they won’t know
The lock box or door code highly unlikely these days you have to collect a key but if you do they have a lock box at the office where the keys will be and ypu will get a code for that
None of the travel comes own villas the use the likes of Columbus to source them from Management Companies
Not much comfort but that’s how it works these days
But yes Columbus should at least answer your email
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrimouse
Excited about Disney

Thank you Gryff, will try and chill a little and wait to see if I get something a little nearer the time.
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kerrimouse View Post
Thank you Gryff, will try and chill a little and wait to see if I get something a little nearer the time.
The villas we have used have all had the Yale electronic locks programmed for arrival time and we have been sent a code.

We arrived at one 5 minutes early, tries the code and it was a no. Exactly on 4 pm it allowed access. My guess is it will switch to a new code at 10am on leaving day
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours is a slage lock and does exactly that but we can program it from here for early/ late check outs
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List