Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Aug 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We used our dining card at Boathouse yesterday with no issues.
We had the lovely Dylan and he was like “yeah of course we accept it” .
Was a fab meal.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
Booked my restaurants a couple of weeks ago and just realised 2 aren't on the list! O'Hanas and Steakhouse71. I also have the Boathouse and have since read of them being refused. Has anyone successfully used them there? I thought I was well organised as well so back to the drawing board!
Restaurants missing off the list used to happen with the DDP quite a lot, especially at the start of the year. It was never an issue when it came to actually use it though.

I can't say for sure there won't be an issue using it at Steakhouse 71 or 'Ohana however I would say it's unlikely. Instead, I would say their omission from the list is simply because they didn't exist/weren't open when the list was compiled.

I would however love to redeem my dining credit at one location that IS listed. The Wave... of American Flavours - does anyone know how I might get a reservation?
Old 18 Aug 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by assos View Post
Restaurants missing off the list used to happen with the DDP quite a lot, especially at the start of the year. It was never an issue when it came to actually use it though.

I can't say for sure there won't be an issue using it at Steakhouse 71 or 'Ohana however I would say it's unlikely. Instead, I would say their omission from the list is simply because they didn't exist/weren't open when the list was compiled.

I would however love to redeem my dining credit at one location that IS listed. The Wave... of American Flavours - does anyone know how I might get a reservation?
Time machine?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Went to the boathouse today and asked about taking gift cards they said yes of course and I even showed him on my phone. He had to walk off with my phone to scan it which was a bit disconcerting but all was good!
Old 21 Aug 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Went to the boathouse today and asked about taking gift cards they said yes of course and I even showed him on my phone. He had to walk off with my phone to scan it which was a bit disconcerting but all was good!
That’s happened in a lot of restaurants as they don’t have scanners they can bring to the table. I have been to earl of sandwich twice now and scanned and accepted the dinning credit but both times despite the receipt showing my dinning card being used to pay i have never been charged and no credit came off my balance.

Last night in salt and straw they couldn’t get the scanner to work and told me not to worry and have for free, i said would pay another way but they wouldn’t let me as they said it wasn’t my fault their scanner had just stopped working.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
That’s happened in a lot of restaurants as they don’t have scanners they can bring to the table. I have been to earl of sandwich twice now and scanned and accepted the dinning credit but both times despite the receipt showing my dinning card being used to pay i have never been charged and no credit came off my balance.

Last night in salt and straw they couldn’t get the scanner to work and told me not to worry and have for free, i said would pay another way but they wouldn’t let me as they said it wasn’t my fault their scanner had just stopped working.
Ooh some luck there! Yeah the only place that had a scanner that was a table service was Tiffins. Steakhouse 71 also had no problem with the card just the food wasn’t up to much if I’m honest! I only have $50 left so will go on quick services or food and wine booths now.
Old 22 Aug 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
The Turf Club and Beaches & Cream were the only TS places we used it that had hand held scanners. There were other places we paid cash so don’t know. What I don’t get though is that at Yak & Yeti she didn’t even have a mobile scanner to scan our bands if we wanted to charge to our room. They had them pre Covid for charging and taking DDP credits so where did they all go?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The Turf Club and Beaches & Cream were the only TS places we used it that had hand held scanners. There were other places we paid cash so don’t know. What I don’t get though is that at Yak & Yeti she didn’t even have a mobile scanner to scan our bands if we wanted to charge to our room. They had them pre Covid for charging and taking DDP credits so where did they all go?
They took my dh’s magic band away at Space 220, being new you’d think they’d have a better system
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
They took my dh’s magic band away at Space 220, being new you’d think they’d have a better system
I know it’s such a pain.

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Aug 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Yak and yati where good and asked me write the gift card number ontop of the bill rather than taking my phone.

Had no issues anywhere using the credit.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List