Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mango66
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The trouble is America has one of the worst detection rates for Homicides in the World. I see they have now released a picture of the suspect. Will probably be in custody by tomorrow.
Sadly have to agree, nothing seems to deter criminals no matter what the penalty.🙁
It's a clear view of the suspect so yes should be a matter of time before his capture unless he decides to do us all a favour.😐
mango66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mango66 View Post
Sadly have to agree, nothing seems to deter criminals no matter what the penalty.🙁
It's a clear view of the suspect so yes should be a matter of time before his capture unless he decides to do us all a favour.😐
Stupid and evil, silly sod has his mask under his chin!

I hope they find him, the victim looks a lovely old chap too - not that it would matter if he wasn't.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The police must be so frustrated and angry. They work hard to catch these people and get them off our streets only for them to get given a ridiculous sentence. There really needs to be a massive overhaul of our justice system.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just watched the video just after the poor sod had been stabbed - so very very sad. people stopped and were phoning, I assume the police, and bless him he tried to ride off on his scooter - so sad.
The trouble with the system now is that prison is no longer as a punishment for wrong doing, as IMHO it should be, its a rehabilitation centre for them! Every comfort they want, no council tax, no TV licence, no worry for them about the upcoming utility bills, food bills etc etc ...
Rant over
Old 17 Aug 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

It’s an horrific crime. I’ve long advocated that the prisons should be emptied of ‘white collar criminals’. The ones in prison should be anyone who is a danger to society, sentences should be longer and conditions harsher.
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

Maybe not the right opinion for a family site but some crimes I feel do deserve the death penalty.
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

How shocking and extremely sad 😢
Old 17 Aug 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

I used to live in a house of Multiple occupancy three doors along from where he was murder. It was 2001-2, in a room with shared bathroom/kitchen. 6 bedrooms with families basically sharing a semi detached house. We were the only ones that worked, and we were broken in to 4 times! In the end we packed up and moved to Lancashire away from friends & family for a better life (one I’m glad to say I have now)

Then just found out an hour ago the gentleman murdered was one of my childhood friends Dad 😢

I always feel like a Londoner but the place I grew up in the 70/80s (whilst never perfect) had now long gone. It’s very sad

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List