Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 25 Feb 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bibbityboppity
I want to go now!

Online grocery ordering from UK

Hi. Does anyone know - is it possible to do an online grocery shop from the UK for delivery to your villa in Florida or would I have to do it when I get there? We are stopping at a Virgin villa at Encore at Reunion but don't know the specific address until we get there so would that make it impossible to do in advance? Any help would be appreciated 🙏
Bibbityboppity is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I would like to do this too!
I have never had or seen an answer to this actual question so I follow with interest.

I know people here recommend Instacart, but you can only book on the day.
I think some supermarkets do what we call Click and Collect. But I don't know if you can book this ahead as we would here.

I do know the address of the villa I am staying at, but still haven't quite worked out how I am going to get our first day's shopping!
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Debbie (Angelbabe here on The Dibb) has a business called ‘When you wish gifts’ and she offers loads of different services, including Grocery Delivery. We have used her several times and she is excellent- great service, well priced and fantastic communication.

whenyouwishgifts/
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bibbityboppity
I want to go now!

Thanks for the info. Can I ask, how does this work with groceries? I was hoping to look online and pick what we want as we would with an online shop at home, so I could see what was available. Using Debbie's service, do you just specify 'milk', 'bread' etc rather than specific brands/items? Sorry for so the questions!
Bibbityboppity is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bibbityboppity View Post
Thanks for the info. Can I ask, how does this work with groceries? I was hoping to look online and pick what we want as we would with an online shop at home, so I could see what was available. Using Debbie's service, do you just specify 'milk', 'bread' etc rather than specific brands/items? Sorry for so the questions!
Hope this helps!

whenyouwishgifts/faq

Just message her directly through The Dibb, she is super kind and will explain it all. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m at our villa right now
I use a VPN to organise a grocery delivery for the first morning but not knowing the address. Is going to be your issue
Click and collect or curbside pick up as they call it is easy only thing Walmart you can have issues with a CC going through sometimes
I get round this now by ordering in the airport when I’ve come through customs etc if waiting in the car hire que and I:take cereal for the first morning and stop at the likes ofvWaWa or 7/11 on the way to the villa for milk I’ve tried it/every other way
But delays , long ques for car hire the mad I4 etc I just do it this way now
In order of preference my choicevwouod be
Kroger more like our delivery’s at home in a refrigerated van
Publix via instacart the driver does your shop / delivery in there own car
Walmart curbside pick up last pick up:8pm
Target curbside pickup again early last pick up
Both Walmart and Target deliver it’s ok but I much prefer Kroger
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bibbityboppity
I want to go now!

Thanks for all the info, it's really appreciated. We're using ubers rather than car hire so curbside pick up is tricky but I'll look to see if I can order with kroger - but it sounds like I'll need our actual address first so may need to wait till we get there. Thanks again 🙂
Old 2 Mar 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneydavey
slightly serious Dibber

ive planned for a curbside pickup at Walmart for 8pm, our flights get in at 3.30 car pick up from 4.30 so gives us a chance to get to the apartment unload and just decompress before heading to Walmart just up the road for 8ish, I did look at 6pm but just wasnt sure on traffic and times for delays
Old 2 Mar 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Disneydavey View Post
ive planned for a curbside pickup at Walmart for 8pm, our flights get in at 3.30 car pick up from 4.30 so gives us a chance to get to the apartment unload and just decompress before heading to Walmart just up the road for 8ish, I did look at 6pm but just wasnt sure on traffic and times for delays
How far ahead did you book this please?
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

we use garden groer when we went, great service.
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List