Notices

Old 26 Mar 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Spectrolee - Day 1 - The Fingers Crossed Trip

The room was really comfortable last night, but as always on the first day we were up super early ready to start our day.

Gary had booked a hire car for 5am at MCO, so him and Davie took the shuttle across there (only to be told they wouldn't have a car for them until 6:30am - so they went for breakfast)

We found the Disney channel so Joni watched that while continuing her diary.

Isabel, Joni and I were all ready and downstairs for 6am - breakfast not served until 7am, but fresh coffee available (and the lovely man on reception gave Joni an apple juice from the shop for free)

We added Genie plus to our Magic tickets, and I logged on at 7am to see what was available - there were lots of early reservations, so I logged back in 5 mins later as we wanted to leave the rides til around lunchtime.
I also booked a lightening Lane for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

We got picked up at 8am by Orlando Transportation by Mike, and were off to our first seven nights in Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge. We arrived at 8:30am
Gary and Isabel headed to target, while the others had a wander round the resort.

Matt compared some pics from our 2019 trip to this one - the kids have taken a stretch!

Duffy still her favourite

Joni purchased some sunglasses- she's channeling her inner Sue Pollard haha

We had second breakfast from Roaring Forks

There were also a few bounty platters purchased but we had split them all out before I got a chance to take a photo. Matt had a turkey sandwich.

Gary and Isabel were back at 11am - Magic Kingdom time - we all went down to the boat dock to catch the next launch across.

We caught a bit of Festival of Fantasy while we waited for our BTMRR lightening lane to open up.

Today's crossed fingers was for Joni to finally reach the height requirement to do more than the Barnstormer ride.
She was delighted that she finally made it

Ready for her first ride

Cooling off in Adventureland

We then did Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but none of the photo pass pictures have linked yet.
Eva, Matt, Isabel and Ed headed over to the resort as our rooms were ready, the rest of us stayed for a voyage under the sea with Ariel

Stopped for a Mickey bar

We'e got 3 Copper Creek studio's between us, and luckily we've been given all 3 rooms right next to each other

First holiday piña colada for me and a dip in the pool

Gary popped out for pizza for the kids, and he got a Lumberjack platter from Roaring Fork

I have bought a new camera, and once I work out how to transfer the pics over to my phone I'll get them added here.

We were all shattered after travel day, and were in bed for 8:30

spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by spectrolee - 27 Mar 22 12:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice first day

Joan
Old 1 Apr 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I couldn’t understand why Joni’s glasses looked like they had no lenses in til I realised they were flipped open 🤣

Fab park day and a nice dip in the pool later. Perfect. Pina colada 😋 looks lush x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List