Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 May 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

First Princess Trip!

Well we made it!

I cannot believe how smoothly the travel day has gone!

Couple of hitches along the way, nothing major. When son arrived at Express car park there were no spaces left despite having booked and paid £100! They managed to get it sorted though their car isn’t exactly in a proper space but the guy told them it was ok. Of course I was a bit emotional when they walked into the airport, DGD was beaming and had her Minnie and Daisy ‘Besties’ t- shirt on and her new tiara.

Hardly anyone in the Que for check in at Newcastle when we arrived, three hours prior to flight. I had anticipated the worst with it being half term and booked Express security but it wasn’t needed really.

We had a cooked breakfast in the cafe place ( can’t remember it’s name) then took turns taking DGD to WH Smith’s, looking at the planes etc she was as good as gold.

Boarded without any problems, Air France actually gave us a really nice sandwich, we landed about 15 mins early, hardly seemed as if we had just taken off when we were landing!

We had to get on a bus and drove for what seemed like miles around the airport before we got off to go through security .
Security seemed rammed but we got through pretty quickly, maybe 20 mins, then off to get our cases.

None of the escalators in the airport were working, so had to climb up several stationary escalators with various baggage.

Our luggage came fairly quickly, and as we were waiting for the cases I spotted the Disney bus! We literally had to go through customs then I spotted M&S and I knew we had to be down that corridor!

DGD was looking a bit flushed so DIL took her temp which was 37.6 ( she had been complaining of earache a few days ago, GP checked and all was clear).

We gave her some calpol and she seemed fine after that.

We had just missed a bus so had to wait 40 mins but it wasn’t too bad.

Well the Sequoia Lodge grounds are just lovley!
Check in was a breeze, the girl was lovley and gave us all a 30 anniversary badge!

The rooms are ok, I know they are supposed to be rustic but they just look really old and tired, especially the carpet. It’s fine though, but I’m looking forward to moving to Marvel tomorrow!

We had dinner at the hotel at Hunters Grill, it was really lovley, again I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the food.

It’s been really sunny, we went for a walk to the village just to walk dinner off. It was really busy and noisy, obviously the European cup final is on and the Sports Bar was heaving.

We are now all tucked up in bed ( I’ve been awake since 4 am!) Thankfully air conditioning is working so room is comfortable.

Plans for tomorrow are to check into Marvel at 9 am ( giving the kiddos a lie in!) then go for late breakfast at Earl of Sandwhich, stroll around Disneypark for a bit before seeing the Lion King show. Then hopefully get in our our room at 3 pm, quick wash and change, back for the parade and dinner at Auberge at 6.30! Will let you know how it goes!

This is DGD on the plane

This is the photo spot at Sequoia Lodge where there was supposed to be a character meet and greet tonight but no one turned up!
So she did her own!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Just a quickie this morning, been for an early morning stroll (6 am) to get coffee as couldn’t find a machine in the hotel and we didn’t get a kettle despite asking for one. Hey ho, we will have a coffee maker in the room when we move to Marvel today.

So walked to station for a Starbucks.

1) This hotel has beautiful grounds, the lake is beautiful and peaceful early on a morning

2) The station is much bigger than I thought!

3) Starbucks in the village doesn’t open til 8! I thought it was 7!

I would absolutely stay here again if just me and DH , in fact I think I would prefer it, I just love the ‘ feel’ of it.
Old 29 May 22, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Sounds like a great start. Enjoy the rest of it. Sequoia is our favourite but definitely due a refurb. Also think Hunters is our favourite restaurant…..!
Old 29 May 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for this, we're also flying with Air France from Newcastle in 49 days so interested to hear your experience. We are also thinking of booking the Magic Shuttle and you have reassured me that this does sound like a good plan as you seemed to find it really easily

Have fun
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Sounds like a great travel day and your grand-daughter looks so excited
Old 29 May 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

So pleased to hear travel day went well and your DGD is feeling well (with the aid of a little calpol 😀 ). I think I’ll pack my slippers for Sequioa Lodge if the carpets are a little old and worn, overall it sounds quite nice though.
Can’t wait to read the rest of your report 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

The lake is beautiful and so peaceful early in the morning.
Old 29 May 22, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Old 29 May 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

And then we were just walking through reception and Pluto was there! And DGD just happened to have her Pluto t shirt on!

We trundled up to Marvel with our cases and quickly got checked in. The hotel is amazing we were all very impressed.

Had a quick breakfast in Earl of Sandwhich then walked around to Disneyland Park . DGD quickly got into the Disney way and we hardly got up Maine Street before she decided she couldn’t live without an Ariel bubble blower and Simba ears!
Old 29 May 22, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We wandered round to the Lion King show, we had bought premier access for the 1 pm show. They told us they had had technical problems with the 12 o clock show and it hadn’t gone ahead, and they weren’t sure the 1 on would. Luv
Luckily it did, and Wow is all I can say really.

We had a brilliant view, and DGD just kept looking at me and smiling, I thought my heart was going to explode!

For weeks I’ve been thinking she shouldn’t or wouldn’t go on Big Thunder Mountain, I was worried she would hate it and refuse to go on anything else. However, she kept saying she really really wanted to go on it, the Que was 60 mins so like the big softie I am we ended up getting Premier Access, and she absolutely LOVED it!

We then waited for just 25 mins for Haunted Mansion which she also loved.

We caught a bit of the 30 th parade on the way out and Rapunzel and Tiana waved at her and Tiana blew a kiss, her little face lit up and she was grinning from ear to ear! We wanted to go back to the hotel to get our room and get changed for dinner, she kept saying she wanted to go on more rides I think she is an adrenaline junkie!

Got a balloon on the way out.