Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Jun 22, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Kennedy space centre 60th anniversary , go or no go

we have planned to visit KSC on 1st July.. just check their website, they are having a celebration for their 60th anniversary on the day we visit. and there will be other celebrations and activities on site, like DJ, comedian etc.. im worry this would takes away my KSC experience, my family and I have never been, so this would be our first time.

what you guys think?

also. just check rocket launcher dates. it appears theres a schedule launcher on day after we arrive Orlando. would it be too much to do on our first proper day? I hear we should spend whole day in KSC. .
don't know what to do. and running out of time to make changes to car hire etc.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Personally, I would go! It sounds like an amazing day and it would all just enhance your experience! Have a great time whatever you decide to do!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Where do you find rocket launch dates?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Where do you find rocket launch dates?
On the KSC website
Old 19 Jun 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We went on the 25th anniversary of the moon landings and a rocket launch in 2019, there were tents set up doing arts and crafts, music, giving away free merch. It was a great day, although super busy, just plan accordingly when wanting lunch, etc. We missed out on going on the buses as we didn’t realise people were going out to get the best launch view but not coming back so buses stopped running for H&Safety reasons so get on a bus when you get the chance.
NY and Boston July 2020

Edited at 10:14 AM.
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We went on the 25th anniversary of the moon landings and a rocket launch in 2019, there were tents set up doing arts and crafts, music, giving away free merch. It was a great day, although super busy, just plan accordingly when wanting lunch, etc. We missed out on going on the buses as we didn’t realise people were going out to get the best launch view but not coming back so buses stopped running for H&Safety reasons so get on a bus when you get the chance.
that's what im worry about.. too crowded. but im guessing if I choose to go on the day when theres a launch it will also be very busy.. so my options are

stick with original plan and go on the day which is 60th anniversary
or
go on the launch day, which I can imagine we be jet lag
or
choose completely different normal mid week day n hope there's no school trips

confused2
Old 20 Jun 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
that's what im worry about.. too crowded. but im guessing if I choose to go on the day when theres a launch it will also be very busy.. so my options are

stick with original plan and go on the day which is 60th anniversary
or
go on the launch day, which I can imagine we be jet lag
or
choose completely different normal mid week day n hope there's no school trips

confused2
Even a normal day at KSC is really busy and we've never managed to do everything we wanted. The bus tour around the launch complex and to the Saturn V exhibit is a must-do, as is the shuttle exhibition. Beyond that there are talks, astronaut meet & greet, imax films etc. If I was going for the first and possibly only time I'd most likely opt for a normal day. If I thought I'd make it back on a future holiday I'd be more inclined to opt for a special day. But at some point you definitely want to see the Saturn V and the shuttle exhibits!
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

after making changes on car hire, our park days, dinner reservations, I just got a confirm message from KSC that they have postpone the launch! . just great!
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I would go on that special event day. The rocket launch is kot confirmed as you had found out and from what I read, it’s always a long wait sitting far from thr launch site. Apparently it’s better to see the launches at Coco Beach
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

That’s the risk with launch days unfortunately, even if they hadn’t postponed it you could’ve found it cancelled on the day due to weather anyway so probably better to know in advance.
Hope you do get to see one as they’re amazing.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List