Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mfeltham
Excited about Disney

ESTA address

Hi all,

So I have a valid ESTA from our trip to Orlando in April but we are returning to the US next year to Las Vegas for my wife's 40th. My query is about the first night address on the ESTA and whether I should now update this to the Vegas Hotel I've booked?

I think from what I've read on here that the concessus is to leave it as it is but most posts are people returning to Florida.

Advice please :-)

Thanks
Sunset Lakes 04/04/19
Sunset Lakes 31/03/22
mfeltham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I've never changed the address on multiple revisits on the same ESTA. Not all to Florida
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

My last Esta was for Florida and then we went to Vegas. No issue. You complete this information on each API so no need to do the Esta.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Since Jan 2009 when they became compulsory I don't think I've seen a single Dibber say that they change the first night's address in the ESTA. Scores just put "unknown" and it's accepted.

As said above the API confirms your first night's address.

Mick
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

An Esta is just to get you
Into the the country, they will
Have your up to date address from when you
Check in, some people when they apply for an esta don’t even have an address.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
An Esta is just to get you
Into the the country, they will
Have your up to date address from when you
Check in, some people when they apply for an esta don’t even have an address.
Sorry to be pedantic but an ESTA is approval to travel to the USA. The Immigration Officer permits entry - hopefully.

Does a travel authorization guarantee me admission to the United States?
If your electronic travel authorization is approved, this approval establishes that you are eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, but does not guarantee that you are admissible to the United States. Upon arrival in the United States you will be inspected by a Customs and Border Protection officer at a port of entry who may determine that you are inadmissible under the Visa Waiver Program or for any reason under United States law.

Mick

Edited at 09:55 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

[QUOTE=mick;15528996]Sorry to be pedantic but an ESTA is approval to travel to the USA. The Immigration Officer permits entry - hopefully.

Let’s hope no one gets a grumpy officer having a bad day. Not had one that’s smiles yet. 😂😂
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
[QUOTE=tinkerella123;15529016]
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry to be pedantic but an ESTA is approval to travel to the USA. The Immigration Officer permits entry - hopefully.

Let’s hope no one gets a grumpy officer having a bad day. Not had one that’s smiles yet. 😂😂
After entering the States around 20 times post-ESTA I can genuinely say we've never encountered a grumpy or rude IO.

OK so they're not auditioning for the comedy slot on "America's Got Talent" but I've always found them to be firm and polite and occasionally chatty. One guy in Nov 2018 agreed with me that the passport kiosks were a waste of time and money.

Mick

Edited at 10:22 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

We flew into JFK - where the staff are notorious for being blunt/rude/unhappy. As i got to be front of the queue, the IT system went down.

I asked the border guy what happens next, if it doesn't come back up, he said we go into mitigation.

Whats that i asked, and he looked me straight in the eye, dead pan face, and said, If i don't like the look of you, you're not coming in. He kept the straight face for a good few seconds, then the briefest hint of a smile passed over his face...
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We’ve had a few decent ones in the past. The best one was the first we encountered at Sanford. He spent ages talking to the DW about her tattoos and piercings and why she had them. All good natured and some friendly “bants”. I felt sorry for everyone behind us as we/he was holding up the line!