Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jul 22, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 7 - Discovery Cove *

Day 7
Discovery Cove
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories on @bailliesdodisney

It's swimming with Dolphins day! 🐬😍

We did Discovery Cove with Callum when he was 7 and now Paige is 7, we are doing it with her too. 😁

We left (almost) on time! No-ones fault this time though really, we all had the bag to check.
There's always another day! 🤣

We almost didn't make it there at all though. A woman literally just drove into our lane without a care in the world, Michael had to swerve into the next lane.

Seriously I don't remember people over here being that bad at driving, what is going on?!

I don't often give Michael credit cause his head is big enough already 🤣 but credit where it's due, he genuinely reacted so quickly and saved us all from crashing!

We checked into Discovery Cove and went straight for breakfast.
For the amount of people they feed here, the food is SO good!

Then we went to get our wetsuits and lockers sorted.
I find it crazy that the workers know exactly what size will fit us all just by looking at us.

Wish I hadn't eaten like a complete pig for the last 5 days with how tight they are. They show every single lump and bump that there is! 🤦🏼

Our dolphin swim was booked for 10.10am! 🐬❤️ So looking forward to it!

As we were walking back to find a sun lounger there was Paige's one flip flop on the floor... how did that happen?! 🤦🏼 I hope the other one is in the locker! 🤣

We settle ourselves down on some beds. The sun is already scorching and BRIGHT!
Better put our sunglasses on!

Oh wait, I can't, Michael only got his own sunglasses out before putting the bag into the locker.
Cheers mate!...

Might just book rides and food for myself for the next 2 weeks as that's clearly how we are rolling now 🙄🤣

We relaxed for a bit, went into the water and then it was time for the dolphin swim.

The Dolphin swim was just amazing! 😍. We met 3 dolphins, Akai, Lester and Astra.
Paige was cold at first, and she totally got water-boarded but both kids were so amazed with meeting the Dolphins.

Totally worth the money! 😍

We bought the full photo package for $250, it just has to be done!... We still got told off for taking photos of the screen to pop on my Instagram stories quick. Which makes absolutely no sense seeing as we bought them!

We went on the lazy river after that.
'The lazy river' though, I don't think that can be called a lazy river... More like the kick my butt river!
Lifeguard thought Michael was drowning at one point.
'Do you need help Sir?'

I am definitely not with him 🤣

Snacks we had today were these

If there's one tip I can give you for Discovery Cove is buy water shoes! The sand is SO HOT! And there are sharp rocks in the water too.

We took great pleasure in watching people struggling across the sand... (sorry I'm not always a nice person 🤣 )
A scouse man swearing his way across was the funniest thing I've seen in a while 😂

Lunch was also really good!

Absolutely loved the rest of the day. It is so chilled and just lovely!

We went to Taco Bell on the way back for dinner.
I don't know why Michael struggles so much with making decisions though. Every menu is the same... We have Cheesecake factory one day and that menu wow, we are in trouble!

We finally got there with the food decision... Gordita crunch meals x2, chicken quesidilla and a cheese roll up for Paige, (although she stole one of my tacos instead!)

Now it was time for the drinks..
'What drinks do you have sorry?'

The lady reels off a big list...

I think I start sweating because I know we are going to be here for a while...

'What does a Mountain dew ice blast taste like? '

The woman was clearly taken aback at the question..

'Um, it tastes like a mountain dew... ice... blast' 🤣

Poor girl. But still, she doesn't live with the bloke...

Then Paige said the lid on the drink from taco bell looks like something a trump comes out of.
Kids have absolutely no filter do they!

We went back to the villa for a little while and it was Beaches and Cream later!

We are tackling the Kitchen sink! ❤️

So I don't like milk chocolate... I know, I know, I'm strange! 😬
So we asked for no chocolate...
The ice cream comes with no chocolate ice cream BUT was covered in chocolate sauce and chocolate chips... Sort of defeats the object of not liking chocolate as it all melts in together as one big ice cream soup...

And we pay for this?! 🤣

We did pretty well all considered, I was dreading what was to come after all of that sugar but Paige fell asleep at the table!

Rest day tomorrow 😁
So needed after 6 days of craziness!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I can't believe your DD fell asleep after all that ice cream, brilliant! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day at DC too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a lovely day

Joan
Old 9 Jul 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We’ve just been this week the first time we have done it, and booked to take our nephew what a fab day we had too, looks like you had a great time too
Well worth it, we bought some photos. Nice to have them to look back on
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I can't believe your DD fell asleep after all that ice cream, brilliant! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day at DC too.
Neither can I! 😂 It was a lovely day xx
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a lovely day

Joan
It really was 😊 xx
Old 9 Jul 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
We’ve just been this week the first time we have done it, and booked to take our nephew what a fab day we had too, looks like you had a great time too
Well worth it, we bought some photos. Nice to have them to look back on
Its lovely isn't it! I would pay to go without the dolphin swim too for sure 😊 xx
Old 9 Jul 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW what a brilliant day
Can’t believe the amount of food you ate today 😳😳🤣🤣I like to eat & that would’ve been too much for me
Dolphins looked lovely 😎

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
WOW what a brilliant day
Can’t believe the amount of food you ate today 😳😳🤣🤣I like to eat & that would’ve been too much for me
Dolphins looked lovely 😎
Haha I know, we eat so much on holiday! The food was so good though! 😁 xx