Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 30 Jul 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenitedisney
Earning More Ears

Bonnet Creek area - no car, getting lie of the land

Hello everyone

We’re staying at Bonnet Creek and not hiring a car. Going in 10 days or so.

We’ll be using the taxi services mentioned on here, Uber/lift.

We’ve no idea about the location although I’ve spend countless hours trying to get my bearings.

It’s things like where is the closest supermarket and, if we’re shopping, is there a restaurant we can walk to and then get a taxi back.

Also for restaurants for meals, we really want to try all the ones mentioned on here but it’s very difficult on Google maps to figure out which is closest.

And shopping 🤷

From looking at Google maps there seems to be an area off the 535 (if that means anything to you) with a Walmart Supercenter, a publix nearby and a few restaurants.

Would it be safe to be walking between these places of us it like walking on a moterway here?
And the Vineland’s outlets are nearby for shopping and eating out?

Is there somewhere I can get maps to look - old fashioned I know - to figure out the lie if the land, just to start to get our bearings?

Thanks very much, your help us amazing
Serenitedisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
In that area you have a CVS Pharmacy, Publix at Water Tower Shoppes and a few restaurants and shops, there’s a Greek restaurant quite good a few steps from Publix.

A bit further you have Old Town with an amusement park, restaurants and shops.

Vineland outlets is some 10 miles away from Bonnet Creek and traffic to get there may take up to 30 minutes.

If you want to get the lay of the land, go to Google Maps and use the street view feature it can be really helpful to get familiar before going there.

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

It sounds like you are getting a few areas confused. Edu_afp has given you some good information about Water Tower Plaza but that is on 192 just east of the junction with I4. The area you described off 535 is Sunrise Plaza with Walmart across the street. There are lots of new restaurants there.

The Vineland Outlets are only 6 miles from Bonnet Creek. The smaller Lake Buena Vista Outlets are a similar distance and on the way to Sunrise Plaza.
Old 1 Aug 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenitedisney
Earning More Ears

Thank you both so much, it’s really helped to clarify. I can Uber to sunrise plaza first and see from there
Serenitedisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at BC at Xmas and drove but it is really close to disney springs and the main entrance to disneyworld (not HB) by that. Very close supermarkets at the walmart supercentre on 192 and the Publix and Target at Rolling Oaks are also quite straightforward to get to.

Which BC resort are you staying at? none that I could see are within an easy walk of offsite restaurants but there are lots of places that are a $10-15 uber away. We stayed at Club Wyndham and it had several places to eat onsite and the restaurants at the Wyndham Grand which is built around the same lake and attaches to one of the towers.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List