Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 1 Aug 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Booze prices.

Asking the important questions here...

What supermarket/store is the best from booze prices in Florida/Kissimmee at the mo?

We won't be eating out as often this trip and will be taking advantage of the villa's pool area with some Publix subs and chicken. To that end I'll be stocking up on some beer to have by the pool and maybe even treat Mrs RC to a bottle of wine!

I normally grab a case of Yuengling - I'll probably grab some rum from duty free on the way over.

Anywhere particularly cheap at the mo - or perhaps I should re-word it as where to avoid for booze at the mo due to high prices!
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

The last time we went, Rum was cheaper at a supermarket than duty-free.
Check prices if you can before going.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We always get ours at Walmart liquor store, always been reasonable. Beer from inside Walmart. My dh also loves yeungling beer, you can tour their brewery at Tampa and they give you free beer from the bar afterwards.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Liquor is always loads cheaper out there than in duty free. Even with the dodgy exchange rate. 1.75lt bottles of Smirnoff flavours are always under $20 in Walmart/walgreens. That’s one I always look out for.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We always get ours at Walmart liquor store, always been reasonable. Beer from inside Walmart. My dh also loves yeungling beer, you can tour their brewery at Tampa and they give you free beer from the bar afterwards.
This.

Beer from Walmart, spirits from the liquor store.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

And wine from Walmart.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you have a UK Costco card - their liquor store usually has some great pricing too... and wine inside the main store. Or Walmart / Target! A lot less expensive than duty free too
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I guess the advantage of duty free is that it will arrive in tact under your supervision whereas packing in a suit case who knows how it’ll end up..
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I thought it was buy in duty free or out there, to drink out there.

As an aside, I’ve been bringing back glass containers for about 25 years in suitcases. Never had a breakage. All of various sizes- small jars of sauce to 1.75ltrs of booze. Just pack with a bit of common sense.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I wouldn’t bother with duty free or buying here before you go, liquor is often lot cheaper in the US than over here, and you can get wine by the 1.5litre bottle which is my idea of heaven
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List