Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 3 Aug 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Do you take coffee, sugar and tea with you...

...or just buy it there?

We are on the late flight, so don't expect to get to the villa until maybe 9.30 or later. Will drop into Publix/Aldi/whatever is open for beer, milk and breakfast stuff, but what about coffee etc?

I'm no coffee snob, so my usual choice at home is normal instant coffee from Morrisons.

Will it make sense to take a jar with me, along with tea bags (PG or similar) and sugar?

What do you guys do, and how would you declare it, customs wise...

Cheers
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I take tea bags, and sachet of sugars, (don’t drink coffee.. but many DIBBer take it) if the immigration officer asks me, I just tell him what I’ve got.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

We always buy tea and coffee at Publix when we get there. Were we to arrive late we'd just do without the next morning until we could get to the shop.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

When we arrive on a late flight I just stop at 7-Eleven or WAWA and pick up coffee, milk etc -just enough for first morning
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always take instant coffee (as we don't like American brands) and a tin of Coffeemate. I know you can buy it there but we need our first decent coffee as soon as we push through the villa door.

We haven't seen a blue and white customs form into MCO for 5 or 6 years but the IO will always ask if we have food. Just say yes and he may say "you can get that stuff here" sir.

I'll take a bit of sarcasm rather than risk a $10k fine for not declaring.

Mick

Edited at 09:35 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We always take instant coffee (as we don't like American brands) and a tin of Coffeemate. I know you can buy it there but we need our first decent coffee as soon as we push through the villa door.

We haven't seen a blue and white customs form into MCO for 5 or 6 years but the IO will always ask if we have food. Just say yes and he may say "you can get that stuff here" sir.

I'll take a bit of sarcasm rather than risk a $10k fine for not declaring.

Mick
Talking of customs officers and sarcasm, I was once asked if I had any pork pies in my luggage ! The customs officer was laughing and said he’d never heard of them until one was declared and he had to confiscate it !

Makes you wonder what else people take through that they shouldn’t.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I take tea bags, coffee bags, coffee mate, a mug, teaspoon and M&S biscuits.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Talking of customs officers and sarcasm, I was once asked if I had any pork pies in my luggage ! The customs officer was laughing and said he’d never heard of them until one was declared and he had to confiscate it !

Makes you wonder what else people take through that they shouldn’t.
A guy on here yesterday was asking about taking black pudding in. Genuine question with no malice and I suggested the deli counter at Publix. I said that those cute little beagles with "do not pet" jackets can smell an apple core 50 yards away.

When the IO says to me "that I can get that stuff here sir" I usually reply "I bet you have running water and colour TV as well". Always good to start with a laugh and being asked to go to a small room by someone with a Smith & Wesson on their hip.

Mick

Edited at 10:02 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Tea bags yes but everything else we buy over there. We were once asked to take a Fortnum's Christmas Pudding to Texas but were told we had to take the vege version because we couldn't take beef suet in!
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, take tea, coffee and sweetener
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List