Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Urgent passport required

Hello all,

I'm just trying to help out a colleague at work, but please can anyone confirm that there is no possible way to get a passport faster than using the Online Premium Service which says "the earliest you can get an appointment is 2 days from when you apply".

I'm sure I've heard of people in the past going to the passport office and queuing up, even if it takes all day, but admittedly I think I heard that a few years ago!

I also should mention that the passport needed is for an 8 year old child.

Many thanks

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Hi,

I think the people that queue already have an application in place.

Premium is the fastest way as far as I am an aware. But it depends on appointment availability.

If travel is required for an urgent or compassionate reason there is a route that they can take but need to call ppt office to get that started - they do not do this for holidays.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Ah read the last bit - you can’t use premium for children - FasTrack is the fasted option unless travel is for urgent or compassionate reason.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You can’t get a child’s passport by queuing up in the day

You have to use the 7 day fast track service
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Having recent experience of the Premium in-person service, it would have been faster to use the 7 day fast track anyway!
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Thank you for all of the replies.

Does anyone know if, for a child, the parent has to go to the appointment? (I understand that the child does not). But could it be someone completely unrelated to the child, I can't seem to find this out online.

Many thanks
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

When’s the passport needed for ? Is it a child’s renewal or first application , that might help people reply?

We did an adult renewal online on 26th July and we had the new passport posted through letterbox on 1st August (we are in NI and had to send old passport to Bootle).

Renewed as we landed back from Florida on 25th July and as it runs out in October thought we would send off.
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

It's for a renewal and I was trying to find out if someone completely unrelated to the child could go to the appointment if anyone knows please?
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
It's for a renewal and I was trying to find out if someone completely unrelated to the child could go to the appointment if anyone knows please?
If you cannot go to your appointment
You can change your appointment or

Sending someone in your place
If you’re in the UK, you can ask someone to go to your appointment for you. They’ll need to bring:

your 2 identical printed passport photos
your completed paper application form
your supporting documents - read the booklet that comes with the paper form to find out what you need
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Thank you Gngr29!