Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

October Half term flights - is it even worth trying?

We were meant to be moving house but unfortunately it’s now fallen through.

That means we’re really behind in getting any trips booked 😭

I have managed to book for February at an ok price but would love to book for October as well.

I was watching flight prices into MCO from release until earlier this year and they were absolutely crazy. So I think that’s completely out of the question now.

I hadn’t realised that Miami would also be ridiculous prices.

Really want 22-29 October but realistically is there any chance of getting flights at a reasonable cost?

I’d be happy to pay about £750pp direct hand luggage only but I can’t even find indirect for that price.

Flights from any London airport.

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Not sure where you’re flying from but TUI have flights around the £750 mark for some dates in October from Manchester.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
Not sure where you’re flying from but TUI have flights around the £750 mark for some dates in October from Manchester.
We’re in London. Forgot to put that bit 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This October? I don't want to totally rule it out but BA cutting a load of flights has created a "supply & demand" vacuum, when we thought that ours might be cancelled I started shopping around & some of the Economy flights were more than we've paid for PE! DS has paid that sort of money to fly in direct from Schiphol to MCO via Washington. If you were cynical you'd say that there are inflating prices to actually put people off travelling until they can sort their mess out!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Try via Dublin I.e. Dublin to mco
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m flying those dates Dublin to Mco more or less and I paid a bit extra to fly dirext 1000 which might be 750 in Euro . However there were lots of indirect options for 500/600
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Seriously flight prices of over £700 each will just count me out in the future I know that's how much thing cost now so will be looking at other destinations as I've never paid more than £550 direct including this Dec
Pep is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We were meant to be moving house but unfortunately it’s now fallen through.

That means we’re really behind in getting any trips booked 😭

I have managed to book for February at an ok price but would love to book for October as well.

I was watching flight prices into MCO from release until earlier this year and they were absolutely crazy. So I think that’s completely out of the question now.

I hadn’t realised that Miami would also be ridiculous prices.

Really want 22-29 October but realistically is there any chance of getting flights at a reasonable cost?

I’d be happy to pay about £750pp direct hand luggage only but I can’t even find indirect for that price.

Flights from any London airport.

How flexible are you?
Can see £560 direct on 24th
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
Seriously flight prices of over £700 each will just count me out in the future I know that's how much thing cost now so will be looking at other destinations as I've never paid more than £550 direct including this Dec
Us too - We are already talking/thinking about an east coast trip for 2023
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
How flexible are you?
Can see £560 direct on 24th
We were hoping for the full week, so 22-29.

There’s a Disney cruise out of Miami 24-29 that would work if we went 23-29.

I don’t want to take dd out of school at all and she just gets the week in October.