Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Aug 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MSB
Excited about Disney

Question Margaritaville resort - tell me about it please

Considering booking Margaritaville resort for a week early September just hubby and myself. We’ve never stayed around this area before and weren’t planning on having a car, will be doing a few Disney days and nights. Currently booked into Hyatt Grand Regency at LBV but might change.
What is the resort itself like? We are in Sapphire Falls for the first part of our holiday and we really like it.
Will we be ok without a car, happy to use Uber for getting around, or a hotel shuttle to Disney (if there is one)
Is there much within walking distance of the resort, particularly for evening entertainment.
Thank you kindly
MSB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

We stayed in Margaritaville for one night in December last year. I’ll pre-face this by saying we’re huge Jimmy Buffet and Margaritaville fans in general. Saw him live the night before in Jacksonville…

Check-in: We had stayed in Universals Royal Pacific the week prior (which was great) and then moved to the Dolphin at Disney. Checked out one night early due to it being incredibly dirty and disappointing. Check-in was fantastic, the lobby was beautiful and the staff incredibly friendly. I nipped to the bathroom and my wife checked us in, by the time I came out (it was a #1) I was handed a free cocktail and we headed to our room. 5/5 so far

The room: It doesn’t look like it from the pictures but it’s kind of motel style setup with room doors on the outside. I’d say the walkways were in need of refurbishment. The room itself was great though. 4/5

The resort in general: It was incredibly quiet. There’s construction going on near the cottages and you can see all that from the pool area and your balcony. The staff at the pool went out of their way to get you involved and in the end we ended up playing beer pong with some friendly Americans. They had a musician playing all night too. The pool is split in 3, very shallow but very nice. 4/5

Restaurants / Bar: We had one of the best meals we’ve ever had in Orlando at the restaurant. It really was incredible. We were also the ONLY people at breakfast and the staff went massively out of their way to engage and have a laugh with us. It was quite sad to see it so quiet. The bar was lively and they had musicians there too.

I would absolutely recommend it if you want to chill out and relax, but also have a bit of fun and some good food (I mean who doesn’t). We paid $179 for a night. We didn’t venture from it other than to go to Target which was walkable but I’m sure there’s quite a bit around it.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We've just stayed at a villa on there.
Where the hotel is there is an area called Sunset Walk with quite a few restaurants on. We had a lovely meal in Ford's Garage.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!

Edited at 10:46 AM.
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dricha1
I want to go now!

We are also looking at this resort or The Grove so would be interested in people's experiences. Can't seem to book this via Virgin or TUI, so I assume it is booked direct with the resort? When I look at the resort website, can only seem to book for 10 nights whereas we are looking at a 14night stay.
Dricha1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We're staying in a cottage there from next Tuesday, for 16 nights.

I booked through hotels.com

We won't have a car for the first few days, until Sunday so hopefully the internal shuttle and uber will suffice!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
We're staying in a cottage there from next Tuesday, for 16 nights.

I booked through hotels.com

We won't have a car for the first few days, until Sunday so hopefully the internal shuttle and uber will suffice!
There are loads of restaurants at Sunset Walk in front of Margaritaville and Rolling Oaks next door to it. It is an excellent location without a car. The cottages are abit further walk than the hotel but still not bad
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed earlier this year ( very busy Memorial Weekend) it was brilliant.

We had a fantastic top floor ( large) room. Nice fridge for Wine and Beers and great balcony.

Staff brilliant all round from check in to bars to restaurant.

Loved Sunset Walk, we are at Ford's, Wharf and the English Bar ( best Fish n Chips ! 😊 )

We to are big Jimmy Buffet fans so everything about it brought a smile and memory.

Didn't need a car.

Would go back tomorrow but will have to wait till next year!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MSB
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all the responses, we’ve decided to book as we really like the idea of Sunset Walk for dinner and evening entertainment - there seem to be a lot of options here.
MSB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dricha1
I want to go now!

Those that have been or booked to go, was this booked as a package or direct with the resort / through one of the internet hotel booking sites?
Dricha1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Do you know how much in an Uber/Lyft it is from there to Disney Springs? Or, for example, the Disney Transportation Centre? Do they shuttle to Disney/Universal?

Colour me intrigued by a resort on that side of town...

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List