Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Aug 22, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
We have used them quite a few times when they were home away. No issues at all.

They are like a broker so once you book,I would judge by the communication with the actual villa owner. You pay service charges but that is supposed to protect your booking.

When are you looking to go and what area you looking at? How big a villa?

Em
November 23
5 bedrooms
Best areas look like Four Corners & Windsor Hills
I’ll let my family know all these replies & we will see
Thanks x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Many of us dibb owners advertise on there
As others have said they are just a third party broker the service charge can add a considerable amount to the cost
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Many of us dibb owners advertise on there
As others have said they are just a third party broker the service charge can add a considerable amount to the cost
Thank you
So as a Villa owner you’ve had no problems with them then 🤷

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Nope I haven’t personally
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Anyone used them
DIL found a lovely villa for next year, thought we’d book it soon, then I read reviews about this website, absolutely terrible 😩😩😩don’t think there are any good ones at all
I know there are other sites, like Debbie’s & Orlando villas, but we can’t find the Villa on there
Haven’t used VRBO for Florida but we did rent a Victorian townhouse on Lombard Street in San Francisco with them. Was a bit unsure but it all went to plan and the house was stunning
HORSE is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

We've just come back from Florida and used Vrbo for both villas, one in Davenport and the other in Cape Coral. Both were lovely villas, the owners were very easy to communicate with and I would have no problems using them again.
ansi41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Currently sat in VRBO beach house which is fantastic. Had a small Internet issue it kept dropping away, sent an email, they were round here in a hour. It's really lovely

Have another VRBO house booked in Texas next month. Owner so far answers everything quickly.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca24
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

They are just a broker so as long as book with either a super host or a property with multiple good reviews (including recent ones! ) then you should be fine.

I’d always recommend messaging the owner once booked as you will be able to gauge from your communication with them as to how reliable they are likely to be.

I’ve stayed in VRBO and AirBnB properties in the US before and always had really good stays in properties that are exactly as described/shown on the websites.

I’m staying at a property in vista cay this September through VRBO, had really good communication with owner already and they’ve swapped the property for us as they own multiple and we had a change of heart as well as arranging late check out. Hoping if all goes well on this one we will book direct in future as others have said VRBO do add a service charge on but I feel it’s worth it for the cancellation policies if you’ve never dealt with that owner beforehand.
Macca24 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
November 23
5 bedrooms
Best areas look like Four Corners & Windsor Hills
I’ll let my family know all these replies & we will see
Thanks x
I went to have a wee look at airbnb for you but it doesn't go up to November 2023.

We are staying at Indian Creek booked through airbnb.

I can totally recommend "Viburnum Villa". Its a dibb villa,it's off hwy27 so a bit further out but it is very large and had a great pool area.

Have a look at dibb villas. There are some truly amazing ones. I couldn't get availability this year as we booked late.

I haven't actually seen anybody complaining about VRBO on the dibb!

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We've used them a number of times, especially for Sanibel and never had a problem.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List