Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Oh no! Didn’t book seats in time

Arrggghhh! We fly next week. I didn’t pay to book seats. Never have.
Yesterday there were plenty of 3s together. Wasn’t worried. Checked today- no seats left together at all - only 4 left and all away from each other.
My daughter is 17 and can be really anxious. She will proper stress out and I’ll take the brunt of it. Argghhhhh!
No point to this really. Guess there’s nothing I can do but pray something changes before we can check in. 🤮
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Who are you flying with?

If BA they allocate seats a few days ahead of the flight for people with kids and don’t actively try and separate groups so you might still be ok.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

This is one of those things you really shouldn’t have to pay for in my view. It was never a worry years ago when I was a child and we travelled as a family. All you can do is explain to the airline staff and get there a little earlier than normal and maybe they can sort something. I have an anxious 13 year old so I know what it’s like. She may well be absolutely fine if you explain the whole scenario to her, I find that helps my daughter so she can visualise it before the event occurs. Have a wonderful time x
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

We are flying with BA. I guess she’s not classed as a child anymore as she’s just turned 17?!
We will defo get there early and even if 2 of us can sit together that will be better than nothing. Or even behind each other 😂 I’ll take anything at this point! She is the kind of kid that panics if anyone sits next to her at the cinema or on a bus so a 9hr flight on her own will be horrendous for her (and me as I will feel the glares and death stares from however far away I am from her!).
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

Or you may find she sits next to a lovely person who settles her anxiety and it might help her turn a corner. Positive thoughts!
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Ah that is a lovely thought. She’s a bit Emo so prob won’t speak to anyone and will deafen anyone in a metre radius with her taste in music. I need to do some serious grovelling at the airport.
🤞🤮🤞

Old 9 Aug 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
We are flying with BA. I guess she’s not classed as a child anymore as she’s just turned 17?!
We will defo get there early and even if 2 of us can sit together that will be better than nothing. Or even behind each other 😂 I’ll take anything at this point! She is the kind of kid that panics if anyone sits next to her at the cinema or on a bus so a 9hr flight on her own will be horrendous for her (and me as I will feel the glares and death stares from however far away I am from her!).
She’s not but that doesn’t mean you don’t be together.

I’d try not to worry, you won’t be able to see the seat allocation until the day before but it would be a surprise if you are all split up.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

BA may still have seats blocked off that might become free when online check in opens so be ready to try that 24 hours before you are due to leave (even better if you have a connection).

Children are up to 11.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm sure BA allocate all seats in advance so although you haven't paid for them you will hopefully be seated together. I have travelled with them many times and have never had the family split up even when the kids were over 12.

The 4 random seats may be ones that have not been sold!

Have a great holiday.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Couldn’t you call the airline and say you’ve decided to pay for seats and see what they can offer you, it would be peace of mind for you x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List