Old 15 Aug 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EeyoresTail View Post
Ahhh OK thanks. Flights are sorted as we got a good deal on a package holiday but we're going to be sorting the insurance out ASAP. We have 2 quotes, just need to decide which. I thought ESTAs were done nearer the departure date so good to know we can get those sorted 👍👍
You can do ESTAs any time from now as they last 2 years so it depends when your next trip is planned. We normally go in September so I like to try and get two trips out of an ESTA and will do ours probably November. That also gives us plenty of time in case we make a mistake.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Ahhh OK thanks. Flights are sorted as we got a good deal on a package holiday but we're going to be sorting the insurance out ASAP. We have 2 quotes, just need to decide which. I thought ESTAs were done nearer the departure date so good to know we can get those sorted 👍👍
You can do ESTAs at any time up to almost 2 years beforehand. Although you don’t need to do them that early by any means. I would suggest doing them about 6 months beforehand unless you’re due to renew your passport at any time before the holiday. That way, if there are any issues and you need to get a visa (albeit unlikely) then you’ve got time to sort that. But you could just wait until a week before you go if you want.

I did ours this weekend. We go in April next year. We’ll also be staying in Port Orleans French Quarter.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarsar1973
Excited about Disney

We are booked for POFQ October 2023 as well, will be our 2nd visit there. Its beautiful and benefits from being a small resort. Cannot wait to get back!
Sarsar1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EeyoresTail
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Sarsar1973 View Post
We are booked for POFQ October 2023 as well, will be our 2nd visit there. Its beautiful and benefits from being a small resort. Cannot wait to get back!
Have to say my wife and I are planning the trip in secret and are having SO much fun with the planning... we watched videos for both Port Orleans resorts and were completely blown away by the beauty of them. We picked French Quarter for the practicality of it being small, having 1 bus stop, it having elevators etc which just pitted it slightly over Riverside for us. From what everyone says about it, I'm sure we made the right choice.
EeyoresTail is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Madhatter
Earning More Ears

Have to say my wife and I are planning the trip in secret and are having SO much fun with the planning... we watched videos for both Port Orleans resorts and were completely blown away by the beauty of them. We picked French Quarter for the practicality of it being small, having 1 bus stop, it having elevators etc which just pitted it slightly over Riverside for us. From what everyone says about it, I'm sure we made the right choice.
Much more beautiful in real life! I'm here now and just completed multiple hotel stays (love trying different places to stay). I'm completely blown away by the loveliness of it all.

The size of it, really does make a difference and it has such an intimate feel.
Madhatter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

1. do esta. 2. get insurance. 3. book park days.

then start to plan your ADRs for 60+10 days. MNSSHP dates will be released next year.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sallee45
VIP Dibber

sorry for no doubt a daft question but what is MNSSHP

2000, Sheraton world resort
2001,2002,2003 Marriot world center
2008 Highgrove Villa
2009 Marriot world centre
2010 Highgrove Villa
2019 Universal Surf Side
2023 Universal Cabana Bay
Sallee45 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

micķey not so scary halloween party
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sallee45
VIP Dibber

Ahhhj thanks

2000, Sheraton world resort
2001,2002,2003 Marriot world center
2008 Highgrove Villa
2009 Marriot world centre
2010 Highgrove Villa
2019 Universal Surf Side
2023 Universal Cabana Bay
Sallee45 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EeyoresTail
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
1. do esta. 2. get insurance. 3. book park days.

then start to plan your ADRs for 60+10 days. MNSSHP dates will be released next year.
We have insurance and park days sorted now but need to renew passports first before we do esta. Mine is fine as I travel a lot with work but my wife's has expired so going to sort that in the coming weeks. None of us have ever had an issue obtaining or renewing a passport though so not expecting it to be a problem.
EeyoresTail is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List