Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Bought Aqua shoes instead of Trainers ! ? does it matter /

Silly Question but I bought some lovely trainer/walking shoes for walking in USA mesh type material ideal for keeping my feet cool soles holey again ideal for coolness and quiet thick so ideal for comfort ... But when i got home I saw the label and it said they were Aqua shoes I've tried walking in them and they are comfy enough ...but can you see any negatives as to why I shouldn't really wear them to walk around in like trainers ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The only issue might be the support. They may be comfy enough walking about the house but will they hold up to a day in the parks? That said, many years ago my sister got aqua shoes in Discovery Cove and wore them the rest of the trip. There’s really only one way to find out…

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve worn them before and they are not suitable for wearing around a park, no support or cushioning, I didn’t last long before going back to the villa for trainers. Wouldn’t wear them again apart from a water park or beach.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

They probably won’t keep your feet dry if it rains either.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Water shoes tend to have very thin and flat rubber outsoles that provide very little support nor cushioning.

I'm not sure they'd work that well for long days in theme parks.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Love love love my aqua shoes, and don't go in the sea without them here in Greece... but they're terribly flimsy. Whilst they contour to my feet brilliantly, they offer zero cushioning or support. My husband also manages to pierce the uppers on his every holiday with his toe nails 🙄🙈.

I would definitely re-purchase, and find something a little more substantial.

But... on the flip side, if you're happy to give them a go, and they're not right, you could go and buy something alternative while you're there.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I think it depends what you've bought. There are walking shoes designed for wet conditions which sound like your description of your shoes and they would probably be fine, but there are also thin slip on shoes designed for swimming etc that would give no support. I've heard both referred to as "aqua shoes'.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Do you have a picture of what you bought? The water shoes I've had I don't think you could mistake for trainers so maybe what you have bought is different.

I wouldn't wear my water shoes for any length of time walking. They are flimsy with no support, and get all slippy inside when wet
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I swim daily and have aqua shoes which I dint go in without but I would never wear them for more than a short walk as they don’t have the support or cushioning as others have said.

I would suggest the the best value/comfort trainers you can get are sketcher’s.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Here’s a photo of the shoe/ trainer
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List