Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Mar 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

EMH worth it?

Hi all,

It's our first time on site this coming august so it will be our first time to make use of EMH. So, my question is are they worth it? It seem odd to me as we've always avoided the parks on these certain dates.
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well given they don't cost anything they are definitely worth what you pay for them

We always found the morning extra hours better than the evening ones but it does make for an early start
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
alibali
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 1
i suppose it depends on ages of children but mine are older(21 &18) and dd and i loved the evening emh. we have been in MK until after 2am some nights and love just strolling around and doing rides that were almost a walk on in july/august.
Old 28 Mar 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks. I will try of course, just seeing what I can plan with regards to booking fast passes etc
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

I like the night time EMH's. Less kids about as they've had a long day and the temps are perfect
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

We love night time EMH also. We find the atmosphere is more relaxed and cool, some of the rides are even better at night.

We have been known to wander out of MK at 2am, it 's a pity the Main St Bakery isn't there anymore as sometimes managed to pick up a late pastry.

Here's hoping Pandora extends the 11pm to 1am opening later into July
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

We used the morning ones last year with our kids (aged 7 & 10) which were great as they are early risers anyway and our onsite week was the first one so we were still jet lagged. We found that by being at the park for opening at 8am we got a load done by 11ish and then used our FPs and left after lunch time.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We prefer evenings to early mornings in August. After a day at the parks we are too tired to get up at 6am to make our way for EMH
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Just remember that not everything is open during EMH. At Magic kingdom its usually Fantasyland and Tomorrowland only. That said we do the rides in those areas that we want to do and then head straight up to Big Thunder mountain and Splash Mountain followed by Haunted Mansion. By the time the normal opening guests reach that part of the park we are heading in the other direction.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We make great use out of EMH & go when we can to that park. If we are heading in later we'll go to whatever is the dibb recommended park instead though.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List