Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mark2603
Getting Excited

United Flight Changes

Just a warning

If you are flying with United keep a check on your seat reservations. Our plane for the LHR to EWR leg has been changed from a 767 to a 757 and so the seat reservations we had made have been lost.

Luckily I had been keeping a check on them and I was able to re-book them on line.

Mark
mark2603 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

We have the same issue. Our return flights changed plane and minor time change last week. Just looked again and our outbound plane has changed as well. Quick review of seats was needed. I believe because its only a small change they do not inform us.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for this - just checked ours back from Newark and the same has happened to us leading to our eleven year old being seated eight rows behind us. Not necessarily a bad thing...

However, decided to do the right thing and got the last three for us together on the plane
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sonny8093
Excited about Disney

We had the same issue the other week. Because it was a smaller plane it added 25 minutes onto our journey, it was the same departure time! But that now only left 90 minutes in EWR.
I rang them and they were really good and moved us to the earlier plane leaving from LHR. We was originally on the 10.05am but they offered to put us on the 9.30am or 8.40am we choose 8.40am so we have 3 hours in EWR.
They also re booked our seats and moved my father and his wife booking as they had booked the same flights.
Never flown with them before but great customer service so far 👍
sonny8093 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mark2603
Getting Excited

Yes we are on the 8.40 flight and with the plane change our arrival time has been pushed back. Its now not due to land at EWR until 11.55 and we are booked on the 14.05 flight to MCO so we now only have 2hr10min layover. I rang United this morning and they assured me that the connection time is ok. Must admit I'm a little nervous about making our Orlando flight.
They do have several flights after the 14.05 flight if we do miss it.
mark2603 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Just to make you aware too as you probably know , that your seats are not guaranteed . We thought we were ok but coming home on o line check in our seats were gone . Lots of families had different seats to what they were expecting as United had overbooked . Hopefully yours will be fine , it almost made me wish I could have paid to book seats .
Old 12 Feb 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Just to make you aware too as you probably know , that your seats are not guaranteed . We thought we were ok but coming home on o line check in our seats were gone . Lots of families had different seats to what they were expecting as United had overbooked . Hopefully yours will be fine , it almost made me wish I could have paid to book seats .
Thanks for that JLH, something to look out for.

But I would say I have flown with both United and Virgin several times before and only time I have had seats change that close to travel was with Virgin!
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

We've had 3 or 4 changes, the LHR-EWR has changed from a 767 to 757 and back to a 767, plus our Houston- LHR (indirect home) got put forward, I phoned customer services and was popped on the earlier MCO to Houston without a problem.

But yes, I've found weekly check checks on the app, only takes a minute so worth the piece of mind.
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sonny8093
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mark2603 View Post
Yes we are on the 8.40 flight and with the plane change our arrival time has been pushed back. Its now not due to land at EWR until 11.55 and we are booked on the 14.05 flight to MCO so we now only have 2hr10min layover. I rang United this morning and they assured me that the connection time is ok. Must admit I'm a little nervous about making our Orlando flight.
They do have several flights after the 14.05 flight if we do miss it.
If you are concerned asked them to move you onto one of the later flights from EWR to MCO I'm sure they would, they happily moved us onto a later flight
sonny8093 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Busby View Post
Thanks for that JLH, something to look out for.

But I would say I have flown with both United and Virgin several times before and only time I have had seats change that close to travel was with Virgin!
We must have just been unlucky then , two of our party were not even given seats until everyone was boarded . I know it can happen with any airline but it has made me more wary of booking with United. Well until I spot a bargain again no doubt