Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks just checked mine and none of us were together and were actually no where near each other either!
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kward75
Getting to know the DIBB

Our EWR to LHR leg has also changed to a smaller aircraft, our seat reservations are all apart with my 2dc 10 and 8 sat away from us😨😨
kward75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kward75
Getting to know the DIBB

This is the 3rd change I might add so not holding my breath that they will not change again. We travel 2 April.
kward75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
annielou
Helping Mickey

I have just logged on to United to check our seats as I have been doing weekly since first seeing this thread. On all four of our flights I had us all (4 of us) sitting together, however, today I've found that on our second flight (EWR to MCO) we have all been moved all over the economy cabin, not one of us anywhere near the other. The worst bit is that there are only four more seats available which are also nowhere near each other so I'm unable to at least sit one of us with my 12yr old DS. There were loads of seats available in premium and luckily I still have a bit of money left in my budget and have reluctantly paid for an upgrade so we can all sit together. I still can't help thinking they may even move these seats around though. I think I'm going to have to check more regularly than once a week.
Old 5 Mar 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
arielred
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mark2603 View Post
Yes we are on the 8.40 flight and with the plane change our arrival time has been pushed back. Its now not due to land at EWR until 11.55 and we are booked on the 14.05 flight to MCO so we now only have 2hr10min layover. I rang United this morning and they assured me that the connection time is ok. Must admit I'm a little nervous about making our Orlando flight.
They do have several flights after the 14.05 flight if we do miss it.
We are doing this route too a few days after you by the looks of your dates. When I noticed that the times had changed I checked with Charter as I was a bit concerned but Danny assured me he has been through immigration etc with a 2 hour layover and still had time for a Macdonalds and a beer. We now only have 45 minutes layover on our way home that concerns me but again have been reassured its doable and there are 4 other flights home after our flight plus Danny did say theres every possibility the flights will change again by then!

Westridge May 2006,Woodridge April 2008,
Cane Island June 2009,Club Cortile Xmas 2010
DLRP Sequoia Lodge July 2013, Bahama Bay October 2014, Regal Oaks August 2017!
arielred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Was on the 09.30 LHR to EWR last Easter. Was through immigration and customs in literally 15 minutes. Asked a really helpful lady at the Utd desk where you drop off luggage again and she moved us onto an earlier EWR to MCO flight. Great customer service.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by annielou View Post
I have just logged on to United to check our seats as I have been doing weekly since first seeing this thread. On all four of our flights I had us all (4 of us) sitting together, however, today I've found that on our second flight (EWR to MCO) we have all been moved all over the economy cabin, not one of us anywhere near the other. The worst bit is that there are only four more seats available which are also nowhere near each other so I'm unable to at least sit one of us with my 12yr old DS. There were loads of seats available in premium and luckily I still have a bit of money left in my budget and have reluctantly paid for an upgrade so we can all sit together. I still can't help thinking they may even move these seats around though. I think I'm going to have to check more regularly than once a week.
Did you try to call them? I've had to call twice now as my flights have been changed and they have been very accommodating. They might have been able to do something without you having to upgrade if you didn't want to?
Old 7 Mar 17, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
annielou
Helping Mickey

I did contact them but unfortunately as there were no other seats available together so they said they couldn't do anything and to just keep checking in case seats become available later on. They also said that although we could pre-select our seats they were not guaranteed. Hopefully there won't be anymore changes but I will keep checking.
Old 25 Mar 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kward75
Getting to know the DIBB

We have now lost all our seat reservations on return EWR-MCO and economy is full. Assuming they will bump people up into premium as they have overbooked economy.

Our route is LHR-EWR_MCO and I'm still not clear on when if we collect baggage and recheck at EWR and how this works nth09, could you kindly explain how this worked when you travelled last year
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

You don't collect baggage and recheck at EWR, you'll check in for the whole journey at MCO. Check in online 24 hrs before your first flight, you'll get priority over people that can't check in for the second flight that early.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List