Notices

Old 11 Feb 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 12 - Our Wedding Anniversary :)

Today was our wedding anniversary. Our first time celebrating it abroad & we couldn't think of anywhere else we would rather be We had dinner booked in the Tommy Bahama restaurant at Pointe Orlando for later on.
We tried the new IHOP on H27 for breakfast. This is our third time trying IHOP over the years and we are never very happy with it. The food came in dribs and drabs and was only warm not hot. It's always just a bit blah so we probably won't bother with an IHOP again.

We headed to Typhoon Lagoon after breakfast and it looked nice and quiet when we pulled up

Great day, got ourselves settled in front of the wave pool. Kids played away on the little slides and at the back of the pool. We all went off for some slides then. They all love having a laugh at me on slides! I always manage to fall out of the rafts or rings when trying to get out of them and come up coughing and spluttering, it's never a very gracious exit for me and the boys love to watch and laugh at me, such a loving family Back to the wave pool after a few slides, Robbie and Fionn like to go as far up the font as they can, I stay at the back with Odhran and worry about Fionn being too far up the front, he's always fine and absolutely loves it but that big wave freaks me out! We left about 2pm and went back to the villa, the kids were straight in the pool even though they'd spent the morning in the waterpark! We just chilled out, had lunch, wrote some notes and got ready for our evening

Fionn took this selfie on the selfie stick before we left!
Drove to Pointe Orlando, you get free valet parking if dining in Tommy Bahama so we pulled up in our Nissan rental behind all the fancy cars and handed over the keys
Headed into the shop first for a little look around and Robbie made his purchase (he can't enter a TB without buying something!). It was Election Day here and we chatted to the sales guys about this. Neither of them seemed enthusiastic about Trump so I'd say they were disappointed the next morning.
Anyway, we went to the restaurant and got seated. The kids started dozing off straight away, I think the day in water had them exhausted!

Dinner was delicious as is usual here. The cocktails are ridiculously strong. I couldn't finish my second one as it was going to my head so much, I felt like I was on my 5th not 2nd. Again, this has always be n my experience here, they must use much more alcohol than usual in the cocktails. They are delicious though
More selfies while waiting on the car, lovely end to a lovely day

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 11 Feb 17 3:27 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Another lovely day xx
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A lovely anniversary day

Joan
Old 14 Feb 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks like a great day. We have never tried Pointe Orlando, must go there this year.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Happy belated Anniversary, what a lovely relaxed day. At a mere 4'10" I have similar problems with the rings and rafts at waterparks, it's always a joke getting in and out of them, well for everyone around me. But I do like a relaxing day at a waterpark, I usually get settled on a bed and the others go about having fun while I relax. Tommy Bahama looks lovely - it might be a first for us on our next visit.
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Another lovely day xx
Thanks for reading x
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A lovely anniversary day

Joan
Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
Looks like a great day. We have never tried Pointe Orlando, must go there this year.
It's lovely that end

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Happy belated Anniversary, what a lovely relaxed day. At a mere 4'10" I have similar problems with the rings and rafts at waterparks, it's always a joke getting in and out of them, well for everyone around me. But I do like a relaxing day at a waterpark, I usually get settled on a bed and the others go about having fun while I relax. Tommy Bahama looks lovely - it might be a first for us on our next visit.
Thank you Nice to know someone else has that problem with the rings at waterparks You should try TB, never had a bad meal or experience there x
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Thank you for taking the time to write this report, I have been binge reading it today and really enjoying it

You all look like you had such a great time, I love all the firsts

We've currently got serious Disney withdrawal in our house, we decided to have a year off as the house needs some TLC but I'm really missing the planning ...can't wait to get started on next years holiday. I will definately be trying to include a visit to AMI, it looks great in your report.

Looking forward to the rest of your report
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write this report, I have been binge reading it today and really enjoying it

You all look like you had such a great time, I love all the firsts

We've currently got serious Disney withdrawal in our house, we decided to have a year off as the house needs some TLC but I'm really missing the planning ...can't wait to get started on next years holiday. I will definately be trying to include a visit to AMI, it looks great in your report.

Looking forward to the rest of your report
Thank you Glad your enjoying it. We had the best time and I have to say it was years of reading trip reports and picking up ideas and tips that we feel we get the best out of our Florida holidays now compared to when we first started going. Also going on our own, I don't think I'd do Florida with other families again, there's too much to do there and it's so restrictive having larger groups, you don't get nearly as much done!
We keep saying we will have a break for a year to do some much needed renovations in our house but when we get back every year we end up booking again So well done sticking to the plan, it'll be worth it when your there next year and have a nicer house to return home to
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Happy belated anniversary, another lovely day!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List