Notices

Old 24 Feb 17, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

No long-haul... I'm a local now! Day 5 Animal Kingdom And Disney Springs Haul

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom - there was pretty much no chance of rain which was fab! We decided to drive again as we were on our mug mission at City Walk plus today we wanted to go to the cinema

It seemed it was finally starting to ease a bit on the queues, we were greeted by this beauty on our way in...very funny watching the kids try and work out if she is real or not!

We were stoped in front of the tree as it wasn't quite 9am yet. They didn't have the usual safari Mickey and Minnie to open the park instead it was a flock(?) of parrots that flew overhead...very beautiful and a nice start, obviously my camera skills are not that great to capture so please just imagine!

First up we wanted to get on the safari, I really recommend this being one of the first things you do - we certainly find the earlier it is the more animals are out...
Our driver was brilliant and it makes such a difference when you have someone funny!

Animal shot 1 :-)

Animal shot 2!

I'm sure there is an animal here somewhere!

After our adventure it was time for our first fast pass on Everest. On route I always like to stop to watch the monkeys over on the island. They were in good form and one was just clowning around whilst the other proceeded to eat all the carrots he could see and ignore everything else!

This is a great coaster, regular queue was 40 minutes and the single rider line was also already open...if you are in the regular queue there are lots of hidden Mickeys here so keep your eyes peeled!

Next up time for breakfast - we decided on Starbucks so I could also pick up the last mug I needed from Disney! I really should not have got a frapacino forgetting we were going to the chocolate emporium later! Doh!

And here is the beauty! All four parks now acquired!

Time for a show and of course it had to be Lion King - this really is an amazing show - I love singing along to all the songs... but don't worry I didn't get up and join the kids walking around at the end!

We didn't fancy doing any more today as we really wanted to head over to City Walk to pick up more mugs (good job I have plenty of cupboard space! ) and try out the amazing looking milkshakes I've been reading about!

It looked magnificent as we approached, last time it was still being built so didn't get to see it in full glory!

We only wanted shakes so there is a dedicated section for this instead of going into the full restaurant. OMG there were so many to pick from! They are outrageous at $14 each including tax, but it was lunch so I guess that's ok!
I went for a chocolate banana brain freeze - it had a whole banana in chocolate!
Jez had the strawberry cheesecake and yep it had a slice of cheesecake in it!
They were delicious but seriously filling! I couldn't manage all of mine (probably given the earlier frap! ).
They also had lots of sundaes on offer! We sat in the sun for a bit to let it all go down!
I'm really pleased we did it, would like to experience the restaurant next time!

Next mission was to pick up the Starbucks universal mugs, they didn't have these last trip hence the special visit. I also picked one up for the lovely Rachel my dinner buddy!

There was nothing on really at the cinema here unless we hung around for a couple of hours, so Jez decided he wanted a snooze which of course left me to properly explore Disney Springs!
First up was a stop to get my shopping twin and Disney / Dibb buddy Cheryl a pen she had spotted on IG - mission complete!

I wandered over to the Christmas shop, such a comforting smell - I love this store! It is ridiculous expensive, I don't know how anyone can deck out their whole tree in these baubles which are between $12 and $25 each! I suppose if I forgo the chanel sliders... no stupid thought!
These are my 2 favourite baubles at $24.99 each... maybe on our pre Christmas trip (more about that in the final report!)

Minnie

Mickey

A couple of pictures of inside Anthropolgie - this store has the most beautiful items. All of these were personalised

The mugs were $10.99. They also had really beautiful stationery and candles which smelt good enough to eat!

I wanted to buy most of the store! But being sensible and still making use of my Disney gift card I buy this beautiful key ring - it says 'Say yes to new adventures' it was $14.99

Of course the Kate Space here had no such thing as a 70% sale! Look at these delightful Minnie themed bags!

I was also drawn to this cheeky new Monkey collection! But left empty handed!

On to the giant Coke story for a bit of a mooch. I do like the themes tshirts but I already have one from good old Pri-Marni that does the trick!
I did however pick up a new sunglasses case - at $7.95 I thought this was a great deal!

Next up was UniQlo - this store is massive! It has a ton of branded Disney tops and very reasonable - most were $14.99
They literally had probably 50-100 styles!
I got this really simple steamboat one

And then I liked this one which was also $14.99

Up next was Vince Camuto and they did have a 70% off sale! These absolute beauties were reduced from $350 to $79 - now that is a bargain! The sales person was really nice and also gave me a sample of a new perfume!

Final purchase for today was from Zara (and I think will go perfectly with my new boots!) it was reduced from $49 to $7.99

It was now approaching 5pm and Jez was ready to meet up - we were going to get some food and then watch a movie here. We had decided to try out Cookes of Dublin - we were craving some proper fish and chips (except I didn't want fish lol!)
This counts as a quick service and it was really good!

We wandered over to AMC and got tickets for 'get out' whilst waiting for the screen to open there was an interview taking place opposite... of course we had to listen and after about 20 mins in the guy interviewing realised the guy he was talking to was not the guy on the resume! The guy being interviewed was like 'well Jacob is my middle name so I didn't query you' the whole thing was so cringe... there was a bit where he literally said can you work allay Friday, the guy said yes, can you work all day Saturday, the guy said yes... he went through every single day! To get the same bloody answer! Then the interviewer was like 'now you ask me questions, and in case you don't know what to ask then ask me this! ' Omg get me out of here... needless to say we didn't hang around to see if he got the job!
We were in screen 2 in the balcony section! This screen is huge, I feel like I'm at a show! If only it was Beauty and the Beast!
The film actually was pretty good, even if I did watch the scary parts without my glasses on - helps if I can't see the bits that might make me jump lol!

So before I go, I'm sure those that have seen my IG know I think I've sourced my shoes... whilst in between parks I happened to browse a site that had them! I'm waiting for final confirmation tomorrow... so keep your fingers crossed!

And finally whilst the food intake is ridiculous I'm pleased to report a distance of 6.8 miles was covered today... I'm hoping that canx out most of the sugar intake! Tomorrow we are back to Magic Kingdom... until then Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 24 Feb 17 2:51 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

A lovely day again debs, I think I've put weight on this morning just looking at those milkshakes lol. have a lovely day today and I hope you get the news you want about your shoes... fingers crossed xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely day, great shopping, I saw you sourced the mules, yay
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Fab day Debs, but my goodness those milkshakes are outrageous aren't they?! (Not the cost, but the actual shake! ). The building is amazing isn't it?!

Looking forward to more x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

I am enjoying reading these whilst I have my breakfast in the mornings!
Another lovely chilled out day. And good mug purchases! I'm looking forward to being able to pick up the universal ones at some point.
Enjoy MK!
Lizzie x
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oooh those milkshakes! We are hoping to visit on our next trip, my boys will be in heaven with these!

Glad that you have sourced the mules as a holiday treat!

Thanks for sharing x
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I love those boots!

I'm starting to think I might want to get the Starbucks mugs,I didn't like them at first but I've seen so many on the Dibb that they've grown on me big time especially that Universal one.

Really enjoying your trip report, thanks
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jo_usa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another lovely day Deb..omg those milkshakes 🤑 love the boots..fingers crossed you get your shoes xx

oh how I wish
jo_usa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

OMG Debs those boots are gorgeous and what a bargain! I love the Christmas shop but couldn't agree more about the price of some of the baubles. Last time we were there we started costing things in "baubles" 😂