Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney91 View Post
Thanks for your reply! That's a fantastic price, did that include your tickets or not? My OH would be the driver, he would most likely be happy to drive and what better excuse to see a little more of America and the coast! Where did you find the condo? All these options are new to me, we've always wanted to go and we've finally decided to actually sit down, price up and consider it! We'd love 3 weeks, with 2 weeks park passes and 7 days for free/chill time but it would depend on accommodation costs whether that would be achievable! 2 weeks would be great though Who did you fly with?
No, didn't include tickets, I find the tickets the most expensive part of the trip. We did 18 nights, 1 in Miami, 5 at Disney (we paid £2080 for 5 nights at Caribbean beach, upgraded dining plan, 14 day ultimate tickets which you have to take as part of the free dining offer) 11 in a condo and 1 night at universal. We also so discovery cove. It's a complete minefield trying to work it all out, and so much to see and do! We flew with BA from Heathrow as we live 20 mins from there and it was easier. We found the condo in holiday lettings, and booked direct with the owner. We're staying at the same condo for 10 nights next August as we loved Bahama Bay!

You've come to the right place though, there's so much knowledge on this site! It really helped me plan our trip, and we're going again next August!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Very interested to see if CBR prices reflect the building work!
Roll on April!
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
👍👍
Would definatley be interested in free dining and a big discount at CBR to put up with the building work !
CBR isn't showing up for 2018 and it may not be there for free dining. Pity as we'd consider going next year if CBR had a significant discount!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
👍👍
Would definatley be interested in free dining and a big discount at CBR to put up with the building work !
Haha that's exactly what my husband said! I definetly wouldn't turn a good deal down!

Edited at 10:56 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
CBR isn't showing up for 2018 and it may not be there for free dining. Pity as we'd consider going next year if CBR had a significant discount!
I did see that when I looked yesterday for 2018. I'm wondering if they will just shut it completely to carry out the work with no fuss especially it's as big as a job as we all think. Or, they've taken it down while they try to figure out exactly how many rooms they can sell, along with exactly what facilities will be available by next summer.

Interested to see how it pans out!

Old 25 Feb 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I did see that when I looked yesterday for 2018. I'm wondering if they will just shut it completely to carry out the work with no fuss especially it's as big as a job as we all think. Or, they've taken it down while they try to figure out exactly how many rooms they can sell, along with exactly what facilities will be available by next summer.

Interested to see how it pans out!
I wondered that too. Is it just a temporary thing so they don't have to worry about compensation for 2018.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I'm so excited, I really hope the dining plan is offered, it will make a huge difference for our family.
Old 25 Feb 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

No, didn't include tickets, I find the tickets the most expensive part of the trip. We did 18 nights, 1 in Miami, 5 at Disney (we paid £2080 for 5 nights at Caribbean beach, upgraded dining plan, 14 day ultimate tickets which you have to take as part of the free dining offer) 11 in a condo and 1 night at universal. We also so discovery cove. It's a complete minefield trying to work it all out, and so much to see and do! We flew with BA from Heathrow as we live 20 mins from there and it was easier. We found the condo in holiday lettings, and booked direct with the owner. We're staying at the same condo for 10 nights next August as we loved Bahama Bay!

You've come to the right place though, there's so much knowledge on this site! It really helped me plan our trip, and we're going again next August!
Wow! So much to get our heads around for our dream holiday! Haha. We have found park tickets for £621 each, access to all Disney/Universal/SeaWorld etc for 14 days. We live in Wales, so would have to travel to London most likely for flights. If you don't mind me asking, what is Bahama Bay? Haha. A condo resort of some sort? So far, tickets, 14 nights in villa and 5 nights staying onsite at Disney comes to £3000. If we could get a good fly drive deal we'd be happy with that!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I wondered that too. Is it just a temporary thing so they don't have to worry about compensation for 2018.
Definetly is something going on along those lines. They won't want to pay out or move people for free 2 years in a row. We were planning on going back there next year, so need to think up another plan 😂

Old 25 Feb 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney91 View Post
Wow! So much to get our heads around for our dream holiday! Haha. We have found park tickets for £621 each, access to all Disney/Universal/SeaWorld etc for 14 days. We live in Wales, so would have to travel to London most likely for flights. If you don't mind me asking, what is Bahama Bay? Haha. A condo resort of some sort? So far, tickets, 14 nights in villa and 5 nights staying onsite at Disney comes to £3000. If we could get a good fly drive deal we'd be happy with that!
The only issue you have there is that if you want to stay onsite with free dining then you have to pay for your room + tickets to quality for any kind of free dining. You can book room only at Disney, but you won't get the dining plan. Bahama Bay is a complex by lake davenport and is about 15/20 mins drive away from Disney. It's a gorgeous location, just depends on if you would rather a condo or a villa.

Old 25 Feb 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

The only issue you have there is that if you want to stay onsite with free dining then you have to pay for your room + tickets to quality for any kind of free dining. You can book room only at Disney, but you won't get the dining plan. Bahama Bay is a complex by lake davenport and is about 15/20 mins drive away from Disney. It's a gorgeous location, just depends on if you would rather a condo or a villa.
Ooh thanks for the heads up! I just looked into this, I can get the Disney Ultimate through Disney when booking hotel and then get Universal/Sea World separately and it wouldn't cost too much extra would be worth the extra £80 for the dining plan I think I'll look into Bahama Bay, thanks! I'd never heard of it. The idea of driving from Miami and splitting our time is becoming more appealing, could extend our holiday to 3 weeks also instead of just 2. Thanks for your help so far, it's been so useful! You're right about this forum, so glad I came here haha
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread