Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Mar 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Breastfeeding at Disney

Hi,
Has anybody had any issues breastfeeding their baby in Disney/Florida? I know there is a baby room in each park but didn't want to always have to trek back to there each time baby is hungry. I would be happy just to feed quietly on a bench (+/- muslin to cover me up depending on baby mood) whilst husband takes older one on a ride. Expressed bottles not an option. Never had any problems feeding out and about in the UK but just playing on my mind a bit about holiday.
Thanks Henlet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi,

You can breastfeed wherever you want. Florida has the same laws regarding BF as in the UK.
I've been here two weeks and not stepped foot in the baby care center. I've never been close to one when she's needed a feed. It's much nicer feeding here than at home as the weather is lovely!
Most of the time no one has even noticed!
Have a great holiday!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have noticed a couple of mums breastfeeding while we have been here, and no one seems to bat an eye (and nor should they!)
Yesterday I noticed a poor woman sitting on the floor to feed her small baby on the ferry across to Magic Kingdom, as there were no free seats. No one, of course offered her one

Have a lovely holiday, and you know you are doing the best and natural thing for your baby, so please don't worry

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest was 11 weeks and with the heat he wanted to feed more often. I never had a problem and I would like to think no one even noticed. I tended to find a quiet bench as my son would turn his head at loud noises. What I would say is to keep yourself well hydrated.
My son also slept all threw the night whilst we was there which was in heard of lol lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

hi
i have breastfed my youngest 4 boys and have fed them in the parks discretely with no problems at all over the last 10 years,still feeding my youngest,never had so much as a glance
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
xrae83
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I had no problems openly breastfeeding my little one in Disney. I would just find a shaded bench and sit down and feed him. No one batted an eye. Xx
xrae83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Echo all the above. No issues whatsoever.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

No issues at all but the baby centre has a nice air conditioned breastfeeding room with rocking chairs if you want to get out of the heat for a bit.
Old 19 Mar 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I used the baby centres as they were nice and quiet and also nice and cool. My LG was always too nosey for me to feed her in public properly but you are totally fine to do it wherever you feel comfortable
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

As others have said please don't worry I've fed my kids all over the parks. The baby rooms are lovely but there are also good and discrete feeding opportunities in addition to benches around and about e.g. In the doom buggy around the haunted mansion, in philharmagic etc. No-one ever said anything and as you say if you're using a muslin most people would never guess! Only thing you need to be careful of is to stay hydrated!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List