Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Mar 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In all honesty I don't think a three year old would get much out of KSC. If I was looking to drive an hour or so from Orlando with kids their age I'd do Melbourne or Cocoa Beach instead but for short trip like yours I'd stick with just Disney. You won't feel short changed I promise.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'd definitely do animal kingdom as well. Possibly drop Legoland and Kennedy space centre.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
Hello,

First post! We're travelling on 29 July and staying till the following Saturday.

We think our list is:
Magic Kingdom
Disney Studios
Epcot
Universal (both parks one day?)
Legoland
Kennedy

What do you think? What would you advise?
Wow, those are some packed 6 days. It's doable but it'll be tiring and you won't get to see everything.

As the others say, perhaps just concentrate on Disney this time? You still won't do all of Disney in 6 days.

Or, I'd drop Legoland and Kennedy Space Center - they are both over a hours drive away from Orlando. Then I'd visit the two Universal parks over 2 days and add a day at Animal Kingdom. Also, with the Hollywood Studios day, I'd plan for a shorter day covering late afternoon/evening and give yourself a lie in on that day (you'll need it!).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Was there a particular reason you missed off Animal Kingdom ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I agree with others I would drop legoland and Kennedy. You could easily fill your time with just Disney or just Universal. I was also wondering why you have missed out Animal Kingdom my personal favourite of the Disney parks.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Stick to disney only it's far more suitable than universal. You can do legoland in the UK and they wouldn't appreciate KSC. Consider a strolder even for the 6 yr old it will be very hot and tiring.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

A that time of year with small children you won't manage all day in the parks - it's so hot and busy. You'd be better off just doing Disney (don't forget Animal kingdom, it's so much more than a zoo with some great shows), include the Disney water parks or head back to the hotel pool for an afternoon break. Universal and KSC are wasted on very young kids. Legoland is no better than Windsor legoland and has very little indoor/air conditioned rides so feels a lot hotter than Disney parks. Even with 6 days in Disney you won't see everything.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks all. My gut was telling me it was too much. Hubby says to drop Universal because it is so costly but my brother is meeting us there and he really wants to take the kids to the Jurassic Park ride. Our kids probably know Marvel etc better than Disney!

We've never been before and hubby seems to think he will be bored stiff after 4 days of Disney!

We liked the idea of Legoland because of the water park aspect to it.

To those of you who think we're a bit mad, after the week in Florida we're heading to my brother's on Cape Cod for a week to recover!

We had left out the animal park because a friend told me he thought it wasn't much different from our local Chester Zoo.

I have bought a week-long pass for us for Disney already.

Thanks!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd still say to drop Universal. Is it worth spending all that money for one ride? At their age they'll never realize. You have to be 42 inches tall to ride Jurassic Park, would your kids even be able to ride?

I've been to Chester Zoo and your friend is dead wrong.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
Thanks all. My gut was telling me it was too much. Hubby says to drop Universal because it is so costly but my brother is meeting us there and he really wants to take the kids to the Jurassic Park ride. Our kids probably know Marvel etc better than Disney!

We've never been before and hubby seems to think he will be bored stiff after 4 days of Disney!

We liked the idea of Legoland because of the water park aspect to it.

To those of you who think we're a bit mad, after the week in Florida we're heading to my brother's on Cape Cod for a week to recover!

We had left out the animal park because a friend told me he thought it wasn't much different from our local Chester Zoo.

I have bought a week-long pass for us for Disney already.

Thanks!
Animal Kingdom could not be more different to Chester Zoo. It's probably my 2nd favourite park. I'd definitely try and go there if you can
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List