Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Mar 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
First Timer - FP day yesterday, My thoughts

Hi All,

I though this might be useful for other first timers as I was a bit nervous of my fast pass day arriving.

Firstly, I had my list in front of me all ready for booking. I decided to go for date order for ease.

I found the system really straight forward. For me it was 11am for booking and I was online immediately using the MDE website on my laptop but it was also available on my android app.

I am staying at Disney for 11 nights and was able to book FP for all that time (none on the first day).

I mostly got the rides and times I wanted. In some cases, the time I wanted wasn't available so I booked one close to it. I was then able to go into 'Modify' and change the time often to the time I actually wanted. This was pretty much straight after the initial booking. I still have a couple that I want to adjust so i will check through modify regularly.

Even though I thought I had go my head around the tiered system I annoyingly made mistakes with my list for Hollywood studios. I just booked the ones I could and then revisited my touring plan to work out what to do.

Pandora - We are hoping to visit the area a few days after it opens and fastpasses are not yet available. I've been told that the rumour is they will open 30 days prior so I am keeping my eyes open. Rumour also has it that the park will move to a tiered system. For both my visits to AK I have booked 3 rides anyway and I'm hoping these will be honoured even if they move to a tiered system. Time will tell. I will modify my second visit to include Pandora when the time comes.

In MDE I can now see everything I have booked, its a really useful system I think. Very user friendly.

Hope this is helpful and if you have any questions ask and I'll try and reply.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyjay
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thank you for this, mine is tomorrow and I am really nervous lol! Have gone in a blind panic even though I have been planning this for two years!
Just wanted to clarify it opens at 11.00 am? Did you do your online check in too?
I might see you there!
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - 2017
WDW Pop Century - 2023
Disneyjay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyjay View Post
Thank you for this, mine is tomorrow and I am really nervous lol! Have gone in a blind panic even though I have been planning this for two years!
Just wanted to clarify it opens at 11.00 am? Did you do your online check in too?
I might see you there!
Hi DisneyJay. Yes 11am. I haven't done online check in yet, just the fast passes. Good luck, hope you get everything you want xx

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

That's a really helpful post - FPs for the first time are so daunting. I was up at 06:00 to do mine last year! Glad you got everything you wanted.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellya
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Great post I can't book mine for months yet but already over thinking it even though all wrote down and in the order I want. Can ask without sounding daft where the modify button is, does it just pop up once made the fast pass. Always useful to know incase mistakes or issues happen thanks
Kellya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List