Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Mar 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I was thinking this may be behind it. No matter how many people on forums say they love it Universal will know the numbers going through it. Maybe it's not financially viable to have it still running. It's a large piece of ground that it takes up and if it doesn't have the throughput it used to then it makes sense to change it.
I suspect, and I think others have said it on here recently, that the fit with Potter is the biggest reason this ride is getting less traffic.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I suspect, and I think others have said it on here recently, that the fit with Potter is the biggest reason this ride is getting less traffic.
Maybe. I do think that if people like a thrill ride they don't really care too much about theming so the die hard coaster fans won't care about the HP theming. Possibly the HP fans contain families with kids too small to ride Dragon Challenge.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Lines were longer than 10 min at Easter - never saw it shorter than 30min all day long.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Lines were longer than 10 min at Easter - never saw it shorter than 30min all day long.
Even 30 mins is probably short compared to the hulk and other rides at that time of year, it has never really drawn a crowd from day one- before potter was there.

Am unsure why as its a great coaster(s)
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Back when IOA used the traditional fastpass system I almost missed a reservation for Hulk and had to sprint across the park as the standby queue for Dragons was far higher than expected - must have queued over 60-75 minutes for it, but this was back in 2001.
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely one of our favourites and with the FOLP you can ride it several times in half an hour until many other attractions. It just gives you such a buzz unlike so many of the other simulators that are coming more prevalent recently. It would be such a shame if they were to replace it with anything other than another coaster.

On a side issue, I don't see why you have to walk all the way down and back up round, rather than taking the shortcut like you used to be able to do, and then going through the metal detectors

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Absolutely one of our favourites and with the FOLP you can ride it several times in half an hour until many other attractions. It just gives you such a buzz unlike so many of the other simulators that are coming more prevalent recently. It would be such a shame if they were to replace it with anything other than another coaster.

On a side issue, I don't see why you have to walk all the way down and back up round, rather than taking the shortcut like you used to be able to do, and then going through the metal detectors
it does have a ridiculously long queue doesn't it? Takes a while to wind your way through. I couldn't quite believe how much of it there was, first time I rode.
Hope it stays open till end of August, DD will be tall enough to ride this year and is really looking forward to it.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Maybe. I do think that if people like a thrill ride they don't really care too much about theming so the die hard coaster fans won't care about the HP theming. Possibly the HP fans contain families with kids too small to ride Dragon Challenge.
You're probably right. I just noticed it so much when it switched to Potter, the ride seemed kinda dead after that. I think we went the year Potter opened too.

As you say anyone wanting to ride it shouldn't have an issue heading over there.

I don't get why people love the Hulk more than this ride?!? Apart from the Hulk launch I'd say Red is better is all other aspects. I even prefer the theme of this to Hulk, before and after Potter.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Best part of the queue is you get a great view of Hogworts Castle, it's worth going into the line just to take a few pics, that and Rons Ford Angela

Edited at 12:48 AM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Best part of the queue is you get a great view of Hogworts Castle, it's worth going into the line just to take a few pics, that and Rons Ford Angela
Is that a Ford Angela Merkel

I believe it's spelt Ford Anglia, hence my joke. Always loved those cars as a kid and the custom jobs too. Can't say the same for Merkel though