Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Mar 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We are both huge coaster fans and we'd be gutted if they shut it and replaced it with yet another simulator.

I hope it is still open in August when we go.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

takes up quite a bit of space and is under used seemingly & is right in the 'potter' area makes sense to replace it with something more potteresque surely?

its a good coaster but things move on

as we dont know what with seems a bit strange to be complaining about it already ?

dark indoor rides can still be coasters, the mummy for instance, & can run in all weathers

until we know what actually happening im keeping an open mind...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

According to the guys on the Parkscope podcast the Fast and Furious ride will be the last major attraction that is mainly screen based.

The Nintendo rides and whatever replaces this would be more practical set based because Universal are constantly sending surveys to AP holders and resort guests asking for feedback on what they feel can improve the parks and the over reliance on screen based rides especially at Universal Studios has been an increasing complaint.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

To be fair - I personally don't see the point in Nintendo land unless it is in Japan.

The last popular Nintendo console was the Wii in this country, and since 3DS came out you rarely hear or see people using them now. Don't hear people ranting and raving over the new Switch console either, actually only heard one person mention it. To me it seems Nintendo is dead.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

The Switch completely sold out its opening shipment and the Zelda game is one of the highest rated games in history. Add to that that the sales of DS/3DS games especially Pokemon and Mario are as strong as ever and I don't think Nintendo is dead at all.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsox View Post
The Switch completely sold out its opening shipment and the Zelda game is one of the highest rated games in history. Add to that that the sales of DS/3DS games especially Pokemon and Mario are as strong as ever and I don't think Nintendo is dead at all.
There was a second hand switch in our local CEX branch for £350 last weekend!

I can't wait to get my hands on one, but we have other priorities at the moment as wedding/honeymoon to pay for!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
There was a second hand switch in our local CEX branch for £350 last weekend!

I can't wait to get my hands on one, but we have other priorities at the moment as wedding/honeymoon to pay for!
second hand one for £350? you can purchase a brand new one for £279
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rufus1 View Post
second hand one for £350? you can purchase a brand new one for £279
Yes, exactly! That's how in demand they are!
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Must just be me then - my DS XL and Pokemon are gathering dust. Used to play all of the time with Gameboy Colour and Pokemon.

For a lot of my friends it is PC or the old PS2/PS3/Xbox 360 consoles at the moment. A lot of us never bothered with the PS4/Xbox One. Too many good games to play on the old machines.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I feel Nintendo is more closely related to theme parks than other gaming platforms, and I therefore understand the decision.

More or less it comes down to the fact that Nintendo has a sort of core ideology that they haven't really moved away from. Unlike other platforms they don't really dip their toes in every area of gaming for commercial reasons. Instead they develop and improve upon their own brand of gaming.

Perhaps more Disney than Universal, but theme parks have a similar attitude, call it family entertainment if you like.

This approach creates familiarity, nostalgia a sense of belonging, that one can't really say exists coherently with for example a PC.

When we think Nintendo we think about core franchises like Mario, Zelda... etc. In essence Nintendo has a theme and other platforms are like Thorpe Park... soulless
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List