Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jeleigh
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Opinions - is this a good price? Easter 2018

Hi all,

Planning a trip to Orlando for next Easter. I'm considering doing a DIY trip but I've received a package quote that *I think* is pretty good. I'd appreciate thoughts on this price - I know there might be difference of opinions but I don't mind. I'll provide a breakdown.

5 people travelling for 19 nights 17th March 2018 - 5th April 2018

3 adults
A 12 year old and a 6 year old

Flights: Manchester - Orlando (Direct) with Virgin

Named 4 bed, 3 bath villa in Calabay Parc.

SUV hire for the duration of stay.

Pool heating included.

Total: £5527.00

My Mum is coming with us so we would divide the cost between the 5 of us so the total for myself, OH and two kids would be £4421.60.

This seems good to me but we normally always book a package so I'm not sure if I'd be likely to get a better deal if I book everything separately!
Old 23 Mar 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

You will most certainly get it cheaper than this. With Virgin you have to add insurance on for the car too.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

If you are willing to fly indirect you will find some great bargains for Easter time.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tearling
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our package price this year for 2A and 2C is 6100. For 19 nights from 29/3, indirect flights, staying onsite, with 21 day tickets. I'm sure you could get cheaper for yours!
tearling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jeleigh
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks everyone. This was a quote with Charter. Maybe I would be better off booking separately then!
Old 23 Mar 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, we've booked Easter 2018- 22nd march- 9th April. Flights were £539 each (direct from Gatwick to Orlando), villa is £1500 and we've yet to book car hire... hope that helps!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jeleigh
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Hi, we've booked Easter 2018- 22nd march- 9th April. Flights were £539 each (direct from Gatwick to Orlando), villa is £1500 and we've yet to book car hire... hope that helps!
Thanks. Who did you book your flights with? That seems like a really good price! We were hoping to fly from Scotland but are considering other options.
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked a virgin flydrive (i selected the cheapest car as we won't be taking it as their insurance costs more than hiring a car somewhere else!) I was happy with that flight price over Easter. We are going a week earlier than the holidays though so that's probably helped the price...
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Just to give you a diy comparison, our flights were £480 each ... economy out and premium back with Thomas Cook ... travelling the day before good Friday (13/4 this year). Booked in their sale in November last year.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
If you are willing to fly indirect you will find some great bargains for Easter time.
My holiday time is to precious to mess about with the extra time and stress of going indirect.

As someone who flies regularly to places you can't go to direct from the UK I've been on more I direct flights than I can count, and I've been stuck in weird places for days because of missed flights

Why would anyone do that by choice when a multitude of direct options are there?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List