Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Need someone to knock some sense into me?

Bear with me i might ramble

With the upcoming release of DDP, i have been hoping to book 5 or 7 nights onsite, we are a family of 8 so would either need a 2 bed or 2 rooms.

I have priced it up and it will probably be an extra £800 to stay onsite but when i factor in food and gift card etc it isnt too much more expensive

but here is where i keep changing my mind.

We will be staying for 21 nights and spending the rest of the holiday in a villa, but i keep thinking what if Disney reduce the ticket prices again. As there is 7 of us that will need tickets it works out as a £750 saving!

But then if i have already booked to stay onsite i cant save that, does that make sense.

I feel like im basing my holiday on a what if and i cant make a decision!

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Staying onsite can't be about the money. It ultimately will be more expensive - that's just a fact. People who say they worked it out and it's much the same aren't really comparing like for like and generally wouldn't really eat the amount of food available on dining plan. Some will find that a decent hotel offsite is probably not much cheaper for 2 adults when you factor in food, parking and the gift card but I think with a large family it's not the same. For me it's just because I prefer to stay onsite and am prepared to pay the extra. Once you decide you want to do it you can't think about the money you'd save by not doing it. If money is an issue then you're best to not stay onsite.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Staying onsite can't be about the money. It ultimately will be more expensive - that's just a fact. People who say they worked it out and it's much the same aren't really comparing like for like and generally wouldn't really eat the amount of food available on dining plan. Some will find that a decent hotel offsite is probably not much cheaper for 2 adults when you factor in food, parking and the gift card but I think with a large family it's not the same. For me it's just because I prefer to stay onsite and am prepared to pay the extra. Once you decide you want to do it you can't think about the money you'd save by not doing it. If money is an issue then you're best to not stay onsite.
Totally agree with this. Disney just doesn't cater for bigger families therefore it will always be more expensive no matter what.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I don't think you can wait just in case their is a better deal around the corner or you can miss out. Once you are happy with a price go for it and don't look back. Whether you stay off site for the whole holiday or onsite for some you will have a fab time!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all,

its not about the money, i just keep changing my mind, you are right in saying i cant wait incase theres a better deal, what if there isn't one!

i suppose if the deal on tickets does come out i could change my mind, yes i would lose out on the deposit but that would be my own fault!

I feel like i change my mind about 10 times a day!

would you recommend 5 or 7 nights onsite?

im gonna set myself a realistic budget and if onsite comes within that price i will book

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
No one really knows what will happen after the 29th march, obviously that will give any affect on onsite bookings for ddp ( tickets were £419 before Christmas) . Disney have just released their figures and they are down again ( through losses away from the parks as they are up ) . They have got to have lost money through cbr. Will they do decent deals or put prices up to recoup losses? They are filling the parks and hotels already so Who knows.
As you say if the price suits book it and don't look back or you will drive yourself mad x
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
No one really knows what will happen after the 29th march, obviously that will give any affect on onsite bookings for ddp ( tickets were £419 before Christmas) . Disney have just released their figures and they are down again ( through losses away from the parks as they are up ) . They have got to have lost money through cbr. Will they do decent deals or put prices up to recoup losses? They are filling the parks and hotels already so Who knows.
As you say if the price suits book it and don't look back or you will drive yourself mad x
Thanks for your reply Mexy, they did make a massive boo boo with CBR, to be honest if they stay the prices they are i will be booking and not looking back.

Now to decide if i definatley want to stay at POFQ or somewhere else and for how long

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Old 24 Mar 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
Thanks for your reply Mexy, they did make a massive boo boo with CBR, to be honest if they stay the prices they are i will be booking and not looking back.

Now to decide if i definatley want to stay at POFQ or somewhere else and for how long
It's not long to wait 3.5 weeks approx for Ddp and next week for tickets , just enough time to crunch your numbers , if it's above budget I'm sure you will still have a fantastic time offsite .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
I have this conversation with myself constantly! We did 5 nights onsite last year which we loved, and stayed at CBR which we also loved. We've booked a condo for 11 nights next year and waiting for Disney to release the DDP. We all adored being onsite and the benefits of it, but, we have a budget. If we cant get what we want, for the budget we have then we will book five nights offsite and seperate tickets. Would love to stay onsite but we're just waiting to see. We're a family of 4 so room size isn't an issue, it's a budget thing for us. I hav so many other holiday scenarios in my head so I can't wait to see the prices so we can make our minds up!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It's not long to wait 3.5 weeks approx for Ddp and next week for tickets , just enough time to crunch your numbers , if it's above budget I'm sure you will still have a fantastic time offsite .
that we will, thanks for your help

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I have this conversation with myself constantly! We did 5 nights onsite last year which we loved, and stayed at CBR which we also loved. We've booked a condo for 11 nights next year and waiting for Disney to release the DDP. We all adored being onsite and the benefits of it, but, we have a budget. If we cant get what we want, for the budget we have then we will book five nights offsite and seperate tickets. Would love to stay onsite but we're just waiting to see. We're a family of 4 so room size isn't an issue, it's a budget thing for us. I hav so many other holiday scenarios in my head so I can't wait to see the prices so we can make our minds up!
its horrible isnt it, i feel like i have made my mind up then 5 minutes later im changing it again, nice to hear of someone who has done 5 nights and enjoyed it

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019